After one of the more uncertain offseasons imaginable, we made it to Week 16. Fantasy championships are on the line and we’ve already had the slate FLIPPED ON ITS HEAD multiple times due to monster performances by the Bucs yesterday and more COVID scratches. Here’s everything you need to know before setting your lineup…
- The Browns have placed virtually their entire WR corps on the Reserve/COVID list, including Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and KhaDarel Hodge. The only WRs left on the roster for today’s game vs. the Jets is journeyman Marvin Hall and two practice squad guys, Ja’Marcus Bradley and Derrick Willies. Safe to assume the tight ends—Harrison Bryant, Austin Hooper and David Njoku—and Kareem Hunt will see an uptick in routes.
- Rookie RB sensation James Robinson will not play today against the Bears due to an ankle injury. Tough break for the Zero RB hero of 2020. Dare Ogunbowale and Devine Ozigbo will pick up the slack in his absence.
- One week after yelling into the camera not to sit him, Keenan Allen will sit today vs. the Broncos with a nagging hamstring injury. The Chargers won’t have either Allen or Hunter Henry, which means bigger roles for Mike Williams, Tyron Johnson, Jalen Guyton, and Donald Parham.
- Terry McLaurin will not play today due to an ankle injury, while Alex Smith (calf) is a true game time decision. Antonio Gibson, however, will make his return today vs. the Panthers. Mike Garafolo says he should have a “sizable workload.” I love playing these guys coming off injury in DFS due to the lower ownership and the Panthers defense has been very forgiving all year.
- Fearful of losing his job to Tony Pollard, Ezekiel Elliott will rush back from his calf injury to play against the Eagles today.
OUT: Keenan Allen, Terry McLaurin, James Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Julio Jones, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Tyler Boyd, Duke Johnson, Golden Tate, Phillip Lindsay, Hunter Henry, Joey Bosa, Christian McCaffrey, Cam Akers.
ACTIVE: Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson, Marquise Brown, Daniel Jones, DeSean Jackson
SNF & MNF: Despite some questions about Jarrett Stidham this week, Cam Newton is expected to start against the Bills on Monday...Damien Harris (ankle) is listed as questionable…
Good luck today, everyone.