We recently passed 100 newsletters sent out in 2020. This is the 104th, to be exact. It’s been fun getting to do this every morning and hopefully it was somewhat useful as you navigated this tumultuous fantasy season.
I think I’ll be scaling back on the frequency of these in the offseason, but feel free to let me know on Twitter what you’d like to see more of going forward.
Alright, we still have Week 17 action so let’s run out the clock on 2020 by grinding some news...
There are a million players who were limited at practice yesterday, so let’s just focus on some of the bigger developments:
- Cam Akers is making “great progress” through his ankle sprain while Malcolm Brown was limited by a shoulder issue. One of these guys would be a great play if the other is out.
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) is unlikely to play in the finale for the Chargers.
- Frank Gore was placed on IR and La’Mical Perine was added to the COVID-19 list. That leaves Ty Johnson as the last man up in the backfield.
- Alexander Mattison (concussion) was a limited participant. If he can’t go, Mike Boone and Ameer Abdullah would share the work for the Vikings.
- Stud WRs who missed practice yesterday: DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Brown, DJ Chark, Robby Anderson, Julio Jones, Terry McLaurin
- Mike Davis is doubtful for Week 17 and Christian McCaffrey won’t play either. That leaves Rodney Smith as the guy in the Panthers backfield.
- Don’t plan on counting on the Chiefs this week. Patrick Mahomes won’t play and I assume the same news will follow for Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and Clyde-Edwards Helaire.
Over at Rotoviz, Jack Miller has a list of rookie WRs whose efficiency this year bodes well for their prospects in 2021. You better believe I’m going to martingale Laviska Shenault next year.
Anthony Amico is curating a Twitter thread with all of the noteworthy milestones/bonuses players can reach in Week 17. The Justin Jefferson one feels like a lock.
Sending love to Dalvin Cook’s family after the passing of his father, James Cook.
I won’t miss 2020, but we tried to make the best of it. Happy New Years.