We get three NFL playoff games today and that is a wonderful thing:
1:05 PM ET: Colts at Bills
4:40 PM ET: Rams at Seahawks
8:15 PM ET: Bucs at Washington
For those of you playing in playoff contests or DFS today, there’s a decent amount of injury news to matter. Here’s some of the notes that Dr. Jene Bramel from Footballguys shared on his Twitter earlier:
- Mike Evans’ MRI didn’t reveal much and he’s had minimal swelling since the injury. The team says he’ll play. He got in some light work during practice this week and was moving better as the week progressed. There’s some risk here, but this doesn’t feel like a Keenan Allen situation.
- The Jared Goff situation is tricky. He’s been throwing in practice with “minimal support” to the thumb joint, but it’s unclear what kind of velocity and accuracy he’ll have during the game. I’d prefer to just play the Rams passing game through the WRs.
- There’s not much optimism on Alex Smith as his calf continues to limit his mobility. He seems like he’s on the bad side of “questionable.” Taylor Heinicke will get the start if Smith can’t go.
- Cole Beasley is going to gut it out, but it’s fair to question his effectiveness. The video of the injury suggested a higher-grade injury according to Bramel and the team has plenty of other slot WR options to fill in behind him.
- Guys ready to roll: Stefon Diggs, Antonio Gibson, Terry McLaurin