You know we are getting close to the NFL offseason when the dominating story lines are coaching carousel, trade rumors, and mock drafts...
- Yesterday, the Seahawks announced that they fired OC Brian Schottenheimer due to “philosophical differences” between Schotty and Pete Carroll. You don’t need to be Bill Parcells to realize Schotty wanted Russ to cook too much for Pete’s liking. Carrol is already on record saying the primary focus going into 2021 will be to run the football more often. And I’d like to go on the record saying, “Thanks. I hate it.”
- Zack Moss (ankle) is expected to miss the rest of the playoffs, which means Devin Singletary is set for a bellcow role the rest of the way. Though what it really means is that the Bills are about to throw 95% of the time instead of 80% of the time. Giddyup.
- Ronald Jones (quadriceps) is a “wait and see situation” according to Bruce Arians. We literally can’t believe a word that Arians says, but based on his late scratch last week it’s safe to believe the uncertainty around RoJo’s status.
- The chances of upsetting the Chiefs might be thin, but the game plan for the Browns is very clear—channel your inner Pete Carroll and run the damn ball.
- Lamar Jackson is apparently wary of a snow game vs. the Bills (40% chance for snow showers as of yesterday). That sounds like a public invitation to Bills’ defenders to do snow angels after a sack or turnover.
- Tua Tagovailoa is going to be a polarizing topic this offseason. It seems like everyone from fantasy players to Tua’s own teammates are unimpressed with what they’ve seen. Maybe I have orange and aqua-tinted glasses on, but I refuse to write off such a great prospect after 10 NFL games. #FinsUp
- Andre Johnson is rallying former Texans greats on Twitter in slamming the organization's incompetence over the years. It’s nice when the internet can come together and unite behind a cause.
Injury Roundup. Jared Goff (right thumb) was a full participant at Tuesday’s walk-through...Cooper Kupp (knee) was listed as a non-participant on the team’s estimated injury report...Cole Beasley (knee) and Stefon Diggs (oblique) were limited yesterday.
The Fantasy Focus crew handed out their best of the best awards from the Fantasy Football season this morning.