Drafting is all fun and games, but now it’s time to pay the piper and place some waiver wire bids.
RB: Nyheim Hines (especially in PPR), Joshua Kelley (premium handcuff with some TD-equity), Malcolm Brown (where you need immediate production), Benny Snell Jr. (short and long-term appeal), Myles Gaskin (intriguing flier) and James Robinson (low floor with little pass catching & bad game scripts, but a talented rusher).
WR: Parris Campbell (could be Rivers’ new binky), Anthony Miller (76 yards Week 1 and Allen Robinson wants out), Scotty Miller (need Brady to find his form), and Christian Kirk (if someone accidently drops him)
QB: Gardner Minshew (19 of 20 passes and 3 TDs; gets to throw to Laviska Shenault), Joe Burrow (buy low while you still can)
EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Michael Thomas’ injury sprain is worse than expected. Thomas will likely miss multiple weeks with a dreaded high-ankle sprain. Targets will be spread around in his absence, but Emmanuel Sanders and Jared Cook should see a nice uptick along with Tre’Quan Smith.
- The Jets are placing Le’Veon Bell (hamstring) on injured reserve. He won’t be eligible to return until Week 5. As a fantasy player it’s natural to wonder who is up next, but I promise that you don’t want to know. Fine. It’s going to be one of these guys: 37-year-old Frank Gore, practice squad call up Josh Adams, rookie La’Mical Perine, or recent signing Kallen Ballage. See, I told you that you don’t want to know.
- James Conner is believed to have avoided a high-ankle sprain on Monday night and the team is optimistic for a timely return. I don’t see any reason to rush him back with Benny Snell running hard but I am just a biased Zero RB drafter who stashed Snell on a lot of teams.
- Jarvis Landry didn’t participate in Tuesday’s practice due to his hip injury. With the short turnaround for the Browns this week, it’s worth monitoring. Sigmund Bloom thinks Austin Hooper and Kareem Hunt would see the majority of the vacated targets if he were to miss the game.
- Courtland Sutton’s availability for practice today is up in the air.
- DeVante Parker avoided a major setback and could play Sunday vs. the Bills.
- Mohamed Sanu signed a one-year contract with the 49ers on Tuesday. Find someone who loves you the way Kyle Shannahan loves these swiss army knife-esque WRs.
- Imagine locking eyes in the grocery store with some little, old lady while wearing this mask:
THIS VIDEO OF D.J. MOORE AND CURTIS SAMUEL EXPLAINING THE PANTHERS MASCOT TO ROBBY ANDERSON IS HILARIOUS