With NFL training camps less than a month away, Field Yates put together a list of final moves he would like to see all 32 teams make. You should check out the whole thing, but here were some of the most intriguing to me…
* The Bills acquire tight end Zach Ertz from the Eagles
We’ve known Ertz isn’t long for the Eagles for awhile now so it’s time to make something like this happen so we can start drafting accordingly. In addition to the Bills, I think reuniting Ertz with Carson Wentz in Indy makes some sense too, even though I desperately want Mo Alie-Cox to be the guy there.
* The Broncos offer the moon to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers
This is a no-brainer. It’s hard to think of a team with a better pass catching group and worse QB situation than the Broncos right now. Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, and Noah Fant would immediately jump a few rounds in fantasy drafts if this were to happen. Please NFL gods, we are begging you.
* The Chiefs sign Golden Tate
The other day I lamented how I couldn’t stop drafting Mecole Hardman because there really are no other viable pass catchers to draft in KC outside of Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill. I’m not necessarily doing jumping jacks for the 32-year old Tate, but he would give the team some much needed depth at WR and would immediately become an intriguing draft pick in the late rounds.
📰 Fantasy News for the true sickos.
* Ezekiel Elliot has apparently taken his workouts to a “new level” and you won’t believe this...is in the best shape of his life. “I don’t think Zeke has ever worked like this in the offseason,” said Dallas RB coach Josh Hicks. I’ve mostly been fading Zeke in the first round of drafts, electing to take guys like Jonathan Taylor and Travis Kelce in the same range and Tony Pollard much later, but this is something to pay attention to.
* The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia referred to Emmanuel Sanders as the “most underrated piece to the Bills offense” and suggested pumping the brakes on Gabriel Davis in favor of Sanders. Note taken.
* The NFL fined San Franciscio, Jacksonville, and Dallas for OTA violations yesterday per Adam Schefter. I’m telling you, Urban Meyer is going to be an adventure this year.
* It’s starting to look like things might not ever come together for Jets TE Chris Herndon. The Athletic reports that he’s struggled to pick up the playbook at minicamp and has been losing first-team reps to Tyler Kroft and Ryan Griffin.
* Tyler Higbee has been sidelined for the Rams’ offseason program, though we don’t have details on why. Hopefully it’s for personal reasons and not an undisclosed injury.
🐟 The Scott Fish Bowl
The Scott Fish Bowl—the big pro-am fantasy football tournament we’ve mentioned previously—kicks off on Monday and our friends over at Rotoviz have a thorough breakdown of how to attack the unique scoring settings. These unique settings, include:
* -4 points for QB interceptions aka be careful when you draft bad QBs
* An extra .5 points per first down and an extra .5 points per reception for tight ends. In his piece, Matt Spencer notes that three TEs project to outscore the QB14.
* Kickers! Yes, there are kickers in SFB this year, but they aren’t a mandatory positional requirement. Spencer notes that he likely won’t be drafting them, but could end up streaming them in the flex at some point during the season.
* 3rd round reversal. It’s a huge advantage to get a top 2-3 pick in a format like this and lock up a Christian McCaffery, Patrick Mahomes, or Dalvin Cook, so Scott Fish has leveled the playing field with third round reversal, where Team 12 gets the first pick of Round 3 instead of Team 1.
Whether you are playing in SFB11 or just interested in unique scoring formats, I highly recommend reading Matt Spencer’s articles at Rotoviz—including this one about projecting first downs. If you like what you see, you can get a sub to Rotoviz and a bundle of great fantasy sites via a Rotopass sub.
A few other SFB11 related things...
* If you’re looking for a great ADP tool, a way to follow drafts, and the best way to share your team, be sure to check out Josh ADHD’s SFB11 app on Rotogrinders.
* Matthew has the 6th pick in the “Jimmy Buffet” division.
* I did a Randomizer Draft last night with Scott Fish where a wheel dictated that we answer Vikings trivia, create a meme live on air, and brainstorm a theme for next year’s Scott Fish Bowl.
🐦 Tweet of the day
With news that NCAA athletes are now able to make money via sponsorships, it’s time to give Reggie Bush his Heisman back.
🎥 Grainy Camp Video Szn
Ok, this isn’t a grainy training camp video, but it is hilarious. Watch David Montgomery banter with Matt Nagy about wanting to put on pads and his current fantasy ADP.
💪 High key thicc
Elijah Moore has already earned just about every possible buzz accolade this offseason and now he earns the High Key Thicc treatment over at Heavy.com, where Paul Andrew Esden Jr. gushes about Moore “looking absolutely JACKED.”
Hopefully the weather is better around you than it is near me for this 4th of July Weekend. We’ll be off Monday. Have a Happy 4th.