The fire hose of camp information is now at full blast. My twitter feed is littered with both interesting and useless pieces of information…
“Big run off tackle by AJ Dillon” ...ok, thanks.
“Jalen Hurts is looking better than he looked yesterday” ...brb I’m adjusting the ranks.
“It’s also very obvious why Ryan Fitzpatrick wanted Adam Humphries. He’s easily been his favorite target thus far, and they run a wicked two-man game with Humphries out of the slot”...ok, now that’s mildly interesting.
We’ve mentioned Humphries before and it’s not hard to envision scenarios where he has a 2020 Cole Beasley-esque season out of the slot in Washington.
We’ll do our best around here to sift through the chaff and pass along the seeds of information that might be relevant to your upcoming drafts.
📱 Get 10% off The Fantasy Life store. Sign up for text alerts today.
📰 Fantasy News for the true sickos.
* Dak Prescott was diagnosed with a shoulder strain on Wednesday, but doesn’t sound serious.
* Terrace Marshall has the inside track for the “big slot” role in Carolina with Curtis Samuel out of town: “He made some big catches,” said Matt Rhule. “They’ve done a nice job identifying a role for him and saying, hey, just concentrate on this right now.”
* Speaking of Samuel—who is currently on the PUP list—rookie Dyami Brown has been featuring in the slot at camp. Ultimately, it seems more likely that Humphries will fill that role and Brown, Terry McLaurin and Samuel will work outside.
* We keep getting mixed messages on whether Courtland Sutton is at full health. This quote from Vic Fangio would indicate that he’s not: “He worked in the offseason, but all his work in the offseason was on air. Now you put the defenders out there and it is a totally different ballgame. ...I see a little hesitancy.”
* I had been drafting lots of Dwayne Eskridge, but with him now on the PUP list it’s worth setting our late round cross-hairs on Freddie Swain. Via Michael-Shawn Dugar in The Athletic: “Swain was one of the many pass catchers training with Russell Wilson this offseason at his house in San Diego...the door is now open for someone like Swain, who has a similar skill set (to Eskridge) minus the quick-twitch ability, to step into that No. 3 role.”
* Chris Biderman on the 49ers QB competition: “I think Trey Lance has looked pretty good during his first 2 camp practices. All his reps have come with the second unit but he’s had starters working at WR and TE sprinkled in. Dunno if/when it will turn into a real competition with Jimmy Garoppolo, but an encouraging start so far.”
* Lance on Garoppolo: ““I don’t think there’s anyone better for me to learn from as a human and as a football player.”
* Zach Wilson agrees to contract. He’s getting 4-years fully guaranteed at $35.1 million, including a signing bonus of approximately $22.9 million. Decent.
📚 The Fantasy Articles You Must Read
2 Is Better Than 1: Double Stacking Your Best Ball Teams To Victory by Michael Dubner. “Among the 39 stacks with a positive win rate over expectation (over 8.3%), 23 (59%) were double stacks. The top-13 stacks with the highest win rates were all double stacks. The eight highest top 2% stacks were all double stacks.”
🏈 Get Your Draft Kit Now. Are you hosting a live draft? Matthew has you covered.
🗣️ Players Hyping Their Teammates
None of this constitutes fantasy advice, please speak with a fantasy advisor before adjusting your ranks.
And here’s a special spinoff edition called “Players Hyping Themselves”...
Oh, and here’s a badass photo of Tee Higgins. Have a great weekend.