I have one fantasy team with George Kittle, Kenny Golladay, A.J. Brown, and Courtland Sutton on it. Such is life. Such is Fantasy Life.
But it’s only Week 2. There is plenty of time. As little orphan Annie once said, “The next great waiver add is only a day away…”
It’s a relatively quiet week on the breaking news front, but here is everything you need to know before setting your lineups today...
- DeVante Parker and Courtland Sutton are both active today. I’m firing up Sutton where I have him, despite the shoulder concerns. Cowboys LT Tyron Smith is inactive, which could hurt Zeke in the run game.
- Be careful with Jordan Reed as a spot start at tight end. This article out of San Francisco makes it sound like he might only play 15-20 snaps. Mo ”People Forget I Played Basketball” Alie-Cox is a better replacement option, though hopefully you can do better.
- James Conner is expected to play, but it doesn’t sound like Benny Snell is going away soon. The question is if Mike Tomlin can commit to a split or if he rides the hot hand.
- There are a ton of cheap value play WRs in DFS today, although a few of them are going to catch a ton of ownership (Diontae Johnson, Corey Davis, and CeeDee Lamb). If you dig a little deeper you’ll find similarly good plays at lower ownership (Christian Kirk, Parris Campbell, Breshad Perriman, and Mike Williams).
- Tarik Cohen signed a three-year extension worth $17.25 million with the Bears and boy oh boy do I hope Allen Robinson doesn’t find out about this. Robert Woods also signed an extension (Four years, $32 million guaranteed). Robinson probably shouldn’t know about that one either.
Not playing in Week 2: Kenny Golladay (hamstring), Chris Godwin (concussion), George Kittle (knee), A.J. Brown (knee), Phillip Lindsay (toe), Jack Doyle (ankle/knee), Jamison Crowder (hamstring)
Not expected to play: Michael Pittman, Justin Jackson (quad), Duke Johnson (ankle)
Expected to play: Brandin Cooks (quadriceps), Golden Tate (hamstring), James Conner (ankle), Zach Pascal (ankle), Gerald Everett
Looking to SNF & MNF: Julian Edelman is expected to play, Henry Ruggs (knee) is listed as questionable and Michael Thomas has officially been ruled out.