Tim Tebow was released by the Jaguars this morning and I have all kinds of thoughts on what this means, Tebow’s legacy, and—just kidding, I have no energy to write anything more on the subject.
How about a fantasy nugget that really gets the juices flowing?
Washington Football Team backup QB Kyle Allen says the team is trying to push RB Antonio Gibson into a similar role as Christian McCaffrey played in Carolina. As JP Finlay said on Twitter, “That’s a big role.”
There’s only a few backs outside of McCaffrey and Dalvin Cook who have the potential for a legendary season if the stars align and Gibson is one of them. J.D. McKissic remains the fly in the ointment here, so it’s now on the team to make good on all these promises. If they do, it will be glorious.
📚 The Fantasy Articles You Must Read
Love, Hate and no regrets in life or in fantasy football by Matthew Berry. You know we are close to football returning when Matthew drops his annual Love/Hate column for the season. Lots of good targets and fades on this list.
Monday Injury Rounds: Where Things Stand Midway Through Camp by Jene Bramel. As usual, Jene Bramel has you covered on all of the current injuries and estimated timelines.
🚑 The Injury Ward
* DeAndre Hopkins missed his third consecutive practice. His injury is undisclosed, but not much reason for concern yet. There are a bunch of other stud players who are either slightly banged up or resting right now. I recommend this roundup on Rotowire if you want to dig deeper.
* Ok, Darren Waller finally returned two practice after a nearly two week absence. ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported that Waller’s ankle injury was not concerning. You may now return to drafting Waller with confidence.
* Devin Asiasi is currently the only healthy Patriots TE. Per Chris Mason: “Hunter Henry looks limited, Jonnu Smith is in street clothes, Dalton Keene is on IR, and Matt LaCosse & Tony Fumagalli are new absences.”
* Dolphins’ WR Allen Hurns is out at least three months after a wrist injury forced him to have surgery. Camp darling Albert Wilson gets another boost.
* Rams rookie WR Tutu Atwell is dealing with a back injury. He also missed the first week of training camp on the reserve/COVID-19 list. It will likely take an injury to Desean Jackson for Atwell to get a shot early in the season, but his 4.35 speed is very intriguing in this offense.
📊 Stat of the Day...
You think James Conner might get some goal line looks?
Oh no, Travis Kelce. Wyd??? Here’s to hoping this monumental decision doesn’t have a Samson-esque effect on Kelce’s fantasy production...
Here’s the video of that ESPN short on Jack “Attack” Posnack and Matthew Berry that we mentioned the other day. Well worth the watch.