As U2 once said, “Sunday, bloody Sunday.” Just kidding. I won’t sincerely write that sentence, but yesterday was a particularly brutal day for injuries across the league. Scroll down for the full injury rundown and we’ll be back tomorrow with waiver picks to plug the leaks.
On the other side of the coin, though, we enjoyed all kinds of exciting action on Sunday, including:
- Sleeper tight end domination: Mo Alie-Cox, Dalton Schultz, Jordan Reed, Jonnu Smith, Mike Gesicki
- Bounce back performances: Austin Ekeler, Terry McLaurin, D.J. Moore
- 2020 breakout debuts: Justin Herbert, Leonard Fournette, Miles Sanders
- Continued struggles: Todd Gurley, T.Y. Hilton, Rob Gronkowski
And my personal favorite, a slew of…
- Grown Ass Man performances: Josh Allen, D.K. Metcalf, Aaron Jones, and...Harrison Butker. Yes, Butker.
I also happened to have my best ever day in DFS, finishing 18th out of 1100 in the $100 Spy contest on DraftKings and tied for 1st in the big $3 showdown contest for SNF. I recapped the big day on my Youtube channel earlier this morning.
EVERYONE IS INJURED:
- It appears as though Saquon Barkley suffered an ACL tear Sunday against the Bears. Dion Lewis is the next man up in this backfield.
- Christian McCaffrey has an MRI scheduled for his injured ankle today after leaving Sunday’s game. Mike Davis (8 catches) is the back you want if CMac misses time.
- Raheem Mostert was diagnosed with a mild MCL sprain vs. the Jets. Tevin Coleman (knee) also was injured in the game. Should I keep going with 49ers injuries? Jimmy Garoppolo has a high ankle sprain. More? Nick Bosa has a possible ACL tear. Jerick McKinnon, who had a 55-yard gain on a 3rd and 31, is the exciting back to target on waivers.
- Paris Campbell didn’t suffer a torn ACL, but will undergo an MRI to uncover the nature of the knee injury.
- Will Fuller...you know what’s coming...is reportedly once again dealing with a hamstring injury.
- Davante Adams left Sunday’s game against the Lions with a hamstring issue.
- Breshad Perriman will undergo tests on his injured ankle Monday.
- Sterling Shepard injured his toe on Sunday vs. the Bears.
- Tyrod Taylor was a surprise late scratch (chest) and was discharged from the hospital Sunday night after being admitted due to breathing problems. It’s still unclear how serious the situation is.
- Cam Akers (ribs) and Malcolm Brown (finger) were both injured vs. the Eagles. Second year RB Darrell Henderson looked good filling in.
- Drew Lock is expected to miss 2-6 weeks with a right shoulder sprain. Jeff Driskel will fill in until he can return.
- Courtland Sutton is going for a MRI on Monday after leaving the game with a knee injury (not the shoulder that initially sidelined him).
- Michael Thomas is facing a 2-to-4 week timeline.
GET A JUMP ON WEEK 3 WITH SPLASH PLAY
Chris Spags and I recorded after the games last night and did an early Week 3 Waiver Wire draft so you know which players to put on your radar for bids later this week. Subscribe to Splash Play on iTunes.
ODDS & ENDS
Devonta Freeman could sign with the Giants...This was an insane throw by Patrick Mahomes...The Falcons are the first team since 1933 to lose a game despite scoring 39 points and having 0 turnovers.