As Adam Levitan pointed out this morning, Alvin Kamara now has four TDs on 39 touches after only scoring six times on 252 touches last year. In the volatile, small sample size world of the NFL things change quickly.
It’s also a relief to know that thanks to Kamara things will be fine in the Yates household after this tense moment before the game:
Like Kamara’s TD expectations after last season, your 0-2 fantasy team is also due for some positive regression (ok, that might not be true, but this is a ‘glass half full’ kinda newsletter). Let’s put on our hard hats and head to the waiver mines…
TOP 5 WAIVER ADDS FOR WEEK 3
- Joshua Kelley - Kelley rushed the ball 23 times and caught 2 passes for 49 yards in Week 2 against the Chiefs. Kelley is the 2020 Melvin Gordon in this offense and he’s still available in over 60% of ESPN leagues.
- Mike Davis - With CMC out for 4-to-6 weeks, Davis is the primary backup here. He had *eight* targets on Sunday, which gives him a high floor in addition to whatever rushing work he might inherit.
- Jerick McKinnon - With Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman likely to miss Week 3, McKinnon could see 15+ touches vs. the Giants. McKinnon is one of the most athletic players in the league (32 bench press reps, 11'0" broad jump, 40" vertical, 4.41 40, and a 4.12 shuttle) and already demonstrated the explosion on Sunday while rushing for 55 yards on a 3rd and 31.
- N’Keal Harry - Still available in 60% of leagues, Harry now has 18 targets through two games and is 7th among all WRs in target share (29%). Stash him now before the TDs start coming.
- KJ Hamler - I wanted to do a deeper pickup who is available in most leagues (99%) so you animals can’t tell me, “none of these guys are available in *my* league.” With Sutton done for the year, Hamler had 7 targets and 22% of the Broncos’ air yards, highlighting his big play ability in this offense. Think DJax, John Ross, etc.
Saquon Barkley suffered a torn ACL and is slated to undergo season-ending surgery...Courtland Sutton (knee) was placed on injured reserve yesterday...Christian McCaffrey will miss 4-to-6 weeks with a right high-ankle sprain...Parris Campbell is going to miss time with both MCL and PCL injuries...Raheem Mostert is unlikely to play against the Giants on Sunday...Tevin Coleman is expected to miss multiple weeks with a knee injury...Cam Akers is considered day-to-day with a rib injury...Breshad Perriman is week-to-week with an ankle sprain...Drew Lock is expected to miss at least two weeks before the Broncos evaluate his shoulder injury...Davante Adams hamstring injury doesn’t seem to bad...Jimmy Garoppolo is questionable for Week 3 with a right high ankle sprain...Nick Bosa suffered a torn ACL on Sunday and is done for the season...
Pauly D, successful cash game DFS grinder. Who would have known?...Devonta Freeman is meeting with the Giants today. Careful with your Dion Lewis bids...I was .11 points away from winning 25k last night lol.