In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter we get you ready for Week 1 with all the news you need to know. It's 9/12. Take it away, Peter Overzet…
Good morning, everyone. We made it.
As a general process note, this newsletter is updated after the first batch of inactives are released at 11:30am ET in hopes of giving you the most up to date information for your lineup decisions.
If you have any specific start/sit questions, be sure to check out our free Week 1 fantasy rankings by Waz, which were posted in yesterday’s newsletter.
Here’s everything you need to know…
🆕 BREAKING NEWS
* Bills RB Zack Moss is a healthy scratch. Remove him from all lineups and feel free to fire up Devin Singletary as a RB2 or Flex if you are weak at RB.
* Rookie 49ers RB Trey Sermon is also a surprising healthy scratch. Raheem Mostert is an absolute smash play in every single format against the Lions' shaky defense.
🙏🏼 EXPECTED TO PLAY
* Saquon Barkley - Giants reporter Ryan Dunleavy said the team isn’t planning a pitch count for Barkley today. That said, the team has suggested all offseason that they would ease him back in and the Giants have a quick turnaround next week on Thursday Night Football. You’re obviously starting him in season long leagues, but he’s easy to fade in DFS with so many other great options.
* Odell Beckham - Beckham is expected to play, but the overnight Schefter tweet did sound vaguely concerning even though all the reports were that he looked good in camp. If you plan on rolling with Beckham, at least make sure you have a solid backup option since they are the late game.
* Austin Ekeler - Despite missing practice on Wednesday and Thursday due to a hamstring injury, Ekeler is on track to play today vs. Washington after practicing Friday. Head coach Brandon Staley said the injury wasn’t “anything significant” but there is always a risk of aggravation with a hammy.
* Kenny Golladay, Emmanuel Sanders, Darnell Mooney, Carson Wentz, Joe Burrow, Trey Lance, DeSean Jackson, Noah Fant
⛔ OUT OR NOT EXPECTED TO PLAY
* Preston Williams - With no Will Fuller, the Dolphins are thin at WR today. The rookie Jaylen Waddle should get a lot of burn today, along with Jakeem Grant, Albert Wilson and DeVante Parker.
* Keelan Cole, Wayne Gallman, Josh Reynolds, Joshua Kelley, Deshaun Watson, Jamison Crowder, Evan Engram, Jalen Hurd, Tre’Quan Smith
📰 FANTASY NEWS FOR THE TRUE SICKOS
* Jeff Zrebeic on the Ravens injury-ravaged backfield: "[Ty'Son] Williams certainly figures to be the guy Monday and he’ll have the opportunity to make sure things stay that way."
* The Texans are reportedly seeking a combination of six players and picks in a Deshaun Watson trade. And I’m seeking to win a million dollars in DFS today.
* The Colts signed RB Nyheim Hines to a three-year, $18.6 million extension the other day. I don’t think this changes anything for fantasy, but does give us confidence in Hines’ pass catching role on this team.
* Some kicker transactions for the true grinders out there:
Good luck today, everyone.
- Pete Overzet