In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter we get you ready for Week 2 with all the news you need to know. It's 9/19. Take it away, Peter Overzet…
Compared to last week’s wild blitz of news before kickoff, Week 2 seems eerily quiet.
What we do have is a great set of games, especially in the late afternoon where we have four games all projecting to have 50+ points scored: Bucs-Falcons (51.5), Vikings-Cardinals (50.5), Titans-Seahawks (54), and Cowboys-Chargers (55). If you’re playing DFS this week, make sure you leave yourself some flexibility to take advantage of those juicy shootouts.
Read on below for all of the latest on injuries, weather, and fantasy news that you need to know before setting your lineup. And if you have any specific start/sit questions, be sure to check out our free Week 2 fantasy rankings by Waz, which were posted in yesterday’s newsletter.
🙏🏼 PLAYING OR EXPECTED TO PLAY
* Trey Sermon will make his debut after being a healthy scratch in Week 1. Offensive coordinator Mike McDaniel on Sermon in practice this week: “There was a deliberate intent and an extra focus to him, an extra aggressiveness that I think his teammates felt. So what that told me is, ‘Hey I didn’t like not dressing. I want to play football. So how do I do that? I don’t go and talk to people. I show people.’”
* Zack Moss, who along with Sermon was a surprise healthy scratch last week, will also suit up today. It’s a small ding to Devin Singletary’s value.
* Gabriel Davis, Preston Williams, Michael Pittman, Trey Sermon, Zack Moss, Eric Ebron, Peyton Barber, Zach Ertz, and Josh Reynolds
⛔ OUT OR NOT EXPECTED TO PAY
* Josh Jacobs (toe) will not play vs. the Steelers today after missing practice all week. FA signing Kenyan Drake will lead the backfield with Peyton Barber and undrafted rookie Trey Ragas pitching in.
* As we mentioned the other day, Will Fuller (personal) will not play vs. the Bills. DeVante Parker and rookie Jaylen Waddle are nice plays. Preston Williams is also active for the first time this year.
* Denzel Mims and Jamison Crowder are inactive for the Jets, which means Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, and Keelan Cole are the top WRs.
* Odell Beckham Jr., Michael Gallup, Parris Campbell, Rhamondre Stevenson, Tyrell Williams (concussion) Rashaad Penny (calf) , D’Wayne Eskridge (concussion)
☂️ WEATHER REPORT
Kevin Roth is a meteorologist for Rotogrinders who specializes in weather impacts for fantasy sports. He’ll be sharing his thoughts with us about any impactful weather situations as they arise throughout the season. Take it away, Kevin…
“Did you hear about the rain?” - There’s a chance for storms in all three Florida games—JAX, MIA, and TB, as well as some passing showers in Seattle. Don’t overreact, start your studs. If you have a thin play at WR in one of those games you can check @KevinRothWx on Twitter for pre-game rain updates. Full forecast can be found here.
📰 FANTASY NEWS FOR THE TRUE SICKOS
* Still think it’s tough to start Brandon Aiyuk, but I guess you could spin this quote as positive:
* Lions RB D’Andre Swift is officially listed as questionable for MNF vs. Green Bay. Make sure you have a backup plan (Jermar Jefferson works) if you plan on rolling with him.
* ICYMI, Matthew’s Week 2 Love/Hate column.
Good luck everyone.
- Pete Overzet