In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter we recap Thursday Night Football and the CMC injury, plus take a close look at the full practice report from yesterday. It's 9/24. Take it away, Peter Overzet…
The undisputed best player in fantasy football left last night’s game with a hamstring injury.
Christian McCaffrey will undergo additional tests today, but he’s expected to miss a decent amount of time and will be at risk of aggravation whenever he returns:
After McCaffrey left the game, the team turned to rookie Chuba Hubbard and veteran Royce Freeman:
Last year we saw Mike Davis smash when CMC went down and I don’t see why Hubbard can’t do the same, if not take advantage of the opportunity even more with his fresh legs. I have a hard time envisioning him not being the top waiver pick for Week 4, and depending on the severity of CMC’s injury, the entire year. Get your FAAB ready.
Other notable fantasy performances from last night:
* D.J. Moore turned 12 targets into 8 catches for 120 yards while Robby Anderson (1 catch) continues to fade out of the picture as if he’s in the McFly family. Rookie Terrace Marshall is slowly but surely taking more snaps away from Anderson and we could see a full flippening within the next few weeks.
* Brandin Cooks, as he’s done his entire career, is getting it done regardless of the QB. Cooks finished the game with 9 catches for 112 yards and is the only fantasy relevant pass catcher in Houston.
📚 THE FANTASY ARTICLES YOU MUST READ
Matthew Berry's Love, Hate and the greatest MNF comeback in fantasy history. Love that Matthew is going back to A.J. Brown this week: “The Colts have allowed a league-high four touchdowns on deep passes and a league-high 17.0 YPC to wide receivers. They've also allowed the 10th-most fantasy points to wide receivers, and even with the slow start, Brown leads the Titans in targets.”
Running Back Prop Bets To Watch In Week 3: Aaron Jones, Alvin Kamara, & Devin Singletary by Bryce Rossler. Bryce makes the case for one under and two overs for rushing yardage props.
🚑 THE INJURY WARD
Here’s the full rundown from Thursday practices, with some notes down below...
* Did Not Practice: Darrell Henderson (ribs), Tee Higgins (shoulder), Diontae Johnson (knee), Josh Jacobs (ankle), Lamar Jackson (illness), Marquise Brown (ankle), Carson Wentz (both ankles), Dalvin Cook (ankle), Russell Gage (ankle), DeAndre Hopkins (ribs), Elijah Mitchell (shoulder),
* Limited participants: Trey Sermon (concussion), Ben Roethlisberger (left pectoral), Miles Sanders (chest), D’Andre Swift (groin), Evan Engram (calf), Kenny Golladay (hip), Saquon Barkley (knee), Noah Fant (ankle), Amari Cooper (rib),
* Full participant: A.J. Brown (knee), Courtland Sutton (hip), Antonio Gibson (shoulder), Will Fuller (personal),
Notes: Beckham will play against the Bears “barring an unforeseen setback between now and game time” per ESPN’s Dan Graziano...Higgins is “on pace” to sit this week after missing practice all week, per Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson...Steelers beats don’t expect Johnson to play this week...Jacobs remains very questionable for this week...Adam Beasley says Brown is “trending in the wrong direction” for the Ravens...The Lions placed Tyrell Williams on the IR...Shanahan said Sermon is “on a good path” to play this weekend.
📰 FANTASY NEWS FOR THE TRUE SICKOS
* We’re getting a Wild Card game on Monday Night Football this year…
🐦 TWEET OF THE DAY
- Pete Overzet