All we can do is hope that this week is less of a bloodbath than last week. Hopefully you were able to add some guys like Jerick McKinnon and Mike Davis on waivers this week to stop the bleeding. If not, there’s still time to do some last minute tinkering. Here’s everything that should be on your radar while setting lineups this morning…
Important players for fantasy who are out for Week 3: George Kittle, Jimmy Garoppolo, Tevin Coleman, Raheem Mostert, A.J. Brown, Zack Moss, Cam Akers, Jalen Reagor, James White, Henry Ruggs, Christian McCaffrey, Tyrod Taylor, Drew Lock, Christian Kirk, Jamison Crowder, Breshad Perriman, Michael Thomas.
The shootout games you should be targeting: Dallas/Seattle (O/U 56.5), Detroit/Arizona (O/U 55.5), Tennessee/Minnesota (O/U 50), and Green Bay/New Orleans (O/U 53)
Some of the best value plays in DFS via Lord Reebs: Miles Sanders ($6,400 DraftKings), Jonathan Taylor ($6,700 FanDuel), Diontae Johnson ($5,400 DraftKings), and CeeDee Lamb ($5,600 / $5,400)
The Full Injury Rundown
- Julio Jones (hamstring) is inactive for today’s game vs. the Bears after not practicing all week. Big days on tap for Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage, and Hayden Hust.
- Kenny Golladay is active for today’s game against the Cardinals after missing the first two weeks. Golladay himself said he’s “feeling a lot better, but not 100%.” Jene Bramel expects him to see slightly less snaps than usual with a risk of aggravation, but 6-10 targets within realistic expectation.
- After missing practices early in the week, both Darren Waller (knee) and Josh Jacobs (hip) will play vs. the Patriots. There isn’t much news around what Waller was dealing with, but there is some cause for concern with Jacobs reaggravating his hip flexor.
- Duke Johnson (ankle) will not play today vs. the Steelers, as expected. David Johnson will get all the work he can handle in a tough matchup.
- Davante Adams is a true game time decision vs. the Saints tonight. Be sure to check Schefter’s twitter feed 90 minutes before the game. It might be worth stashing a guy like Allen Lazard or Tre’Quan Smith on your bench so you have a contingency plan ready.
- Jerry Jeudy (ribs) is expected to play today vs. the Bucs, but make sure you check the inactives when they are released around 3pm ET.
- Malcolm Brown (finger) will play vs. the Bills today after getting in two full practices this week. Still, Darrell Henderson is the preferred start in this backfield if you must.
- I’m not sure we can even call this team in San Francisco the 49ers. Everyone is hurt, including Jimmy Garoppolo, George Kittle, Raheem Mostert, Tevin Coleman, and Deebo Samuel, who all will not play Sunday.
- Sammy Watkins practiced in full the past two days after being in the concussion protocol this week. Based on this quote from Reid, it sounds like the protocol was more related to how his neck was feeling than the concussion.
- Michael Thomas is eyeing a Week 4 return. Full report here.
Good luck today.