In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter we enjoy Waz’s updated rankings. It's 10/16.
Waz is back with his updated Week 6 rankings, as well as some notes on how injuries could impact things. Take it away, Waz…
* DeVante Parker (O) is out for the second straight week, leaving Tua Tagovailoa (QB25) to lean on Myles Gaskin (RB22), Mike Gesicki (TE5) and Jaylen Waddle (WR38) to move the chains in Wembley Stadium. Preston Williams (WR62) logged back-to-back limited practices this week and should play through his core injury. If Tagovailoa can return to form and manage the game, he should find success against a Jaguars defense that ranks 31st in DVOA.
* Keep monitoring Joe Mixon’s (RB10) ankle injury leading up to the early slate of games. My expectation is that he will see at least 15 carries on the ground and a small handful of Joe Burrow (QB9) targets.
* Tyreek Hill (WR02) is dealing with a quad injury but put in limited work on Friday and is expected to play. Travis Kelce (TE1) is healthy and will look to log his second Top 5 week of the season. Outside of Hill and Kelce, Darrel Williams (RB21) is probably the last Chiefs player I’m willing to start.
* Curtis Samuel (O) has been ruled out with a groin injury, Terry McLaurin (WR7) is questionable with a hamstring injury and Antonio Gibson (RB13) is questionable with a shin injury. I’m expecting McLaurin and Gibson to play this week, but the reinjury risk is elevated for them both. J.D. McKissic (RB30), Ricky Seals-Jones (TE11) should see work most of the game while DeAndre Carter (WR59) and Adam Humphries (WR71) could benefit from garbage time shenanigans.
* After being placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list earlier this week, the odds of Damien Williams (NR) playing are slim and I’m not counting on it. Therefore, all eyes will be on Khalil Herbert (RB17) to be the Bears dedicated rock-toter. Unfortunately, the Bears will need to do more than run the ball to win the game.
* Mike Williams (WR10) hasn’t practiced all week due to a knee injury and hopefully we hear about his status for tomorrow’s game. I think it’s a 50/50 chance at this point, but if Williams doesn’t play, it speaks to the severity of the injury.
* Daniel Jones (QB11) will be without Saquon Barkley (O) and Kenny Golladay (O) this week, but could still see enough work through the air and on the ground to put up Top 12 numbers. Kadarius Toney (WR24), Sterling Shepard (WR34) and Darius Slayton (WR63) all logged limited practices this week but should play and benefit from a positive game script.
* The Browns are without Nick Chubb (O) this week, which leaves Kareem Hunt (RB03) the obvious benefactor. Outside of Hunt and Odell Beckham Jr. (WR32), Baker Mayfield (QB19) doesn’t have much to work with but Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR57) could surprise this week.
🥇WAZ'S .5 PPR RANKS
Rob Waziak aka "Waz" is a fantasy football analyst who competes in draft and season-long expert rankings competitions. He's consistently been at or near the top of all industry-wide leaderboards since 2017.
Have you downloaded the Fantasy Life app yet? It’s the best place to get push alerts on breaking fantasy news. I’ll be doing a Q&A over there tomorrow at 10am ET if you want to swing by and pepper me with start/sit questions. Download the app here.
☂️ WEATHER REPORT
Kevin Roth is a meteorologist for Rotogrinders who specializes in weather impacts for fantasy sports. He’ll be sharing his thoughts with us about any impactful weather situations as they arise throughout the season. Take it away, Kevin…
Subject: The Top 5 TE That Will Surprise You
Preview text: Zach Ertz traded to the Cardinals
- Pete Overzet