In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter we get you ready for Week 6 with all the news you need to know. It's 10/17. Take it away, Peter Overzet…
Week 6 feels like we’ve finally made it to the thick of the season…
* The Dolphins-Jaguars are wrapping up another London game
* We finally hit the bye weeks and don’t have the Falcons, Saints, Jets, or 49ers playing this week
* We are dealing with a laundry list of stud players who didn’t practice this week and/or were listed as questionable for today’s games (more on that below)
If you’re staring at your starting lineup and the waiver wire wondering what transpired to force you to start Brandon Bolden today, take solace in knowing that there are tens of thousands of other fantasy players dealing with the same decisions. Oh, that doesn’t make you feel better? My bad.
Similar to last week, there aren’t many games the sportsbooks expect to be a shootout today. Chiefs-Football Team (54.5), Chargers-Ravens (51.5), and Cowboys-Patriots (50.5) are the only games with a total over 50.
If you have any specific start/sit questions, be sure to check out our free Week 6 fantasy rankings by Waz, which were posted in yesterday’s newsletter.
⛔ OUT OR NOT EXPECTED TO PLAY
* As far as the 1pm games go, the only real notable inactive is Darius Slayton. All of the other players who were questionable throughout the week are going to suit up.
* Christian McCaffrey (ankle) was placed on IR and will now miss at least 3 more games after it seemed like he was close to returning. Chuba Hubbard will continue as the lead back in Carolina for the foreseeable future.
* Saquon Barkley, Kenny Golladay, Darius Slayton, Curtis Samuel, Sammy Watkins, Nick Chubb, Zach Ertz, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Jarvis Landry, Russell Wilson and Chris Carson.
* Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury will miss today’s game due to COVID. I don’t think there is anything we need to adjust for fantasy purposes, though.
🙏🏼 PLAYING OR EXPECTED TO PLAY
* Despite a bunch of DNPs this week, Chargers WR Mike Williams (knee) will play today vs. the Ravens. Williams is the current NFL leader in touchdowns (6).
* Last week Alexander Mattison became the “free square” in DFS and a top play across all formats when Dalvin Cook was ruled out. This week it’s Kareem Hunt after Nick Chubb (calf) was ruled out on Friday. That said, there is slight reason to be concerned about Hunt’s workload:
You’re still starting him everywhere, but it does seem likely that D’Ernest Johnson and Demetric Felton will be involved as well.
* There were some rumblings that Kadarius Toney’s ankle was giving him issues in warmups, but he’s active and it sounds like he’s fine.
* Damien Harris (ribs) is listed as questionable for today’s game vs. the Cowboys, but is expected to play after getting in a few limited practices to end the week. This game isn’t until 4:25 ET so we’ll know for certain around 3pm. Rhamondre Stevenson would be a pretty intriguing play if he was a late scratch.
* Melvin Gordon (hip) is listed as questionable for the Broncos game today vs. the Raiders. This is another late game, so make sure you keep tabs on inactives but it sounds like he’s on the good side of questionable.
* The Ravens activated rookie WR Rashod Bateman off injured reserve. He’ll slide in for Sammy Watkins, who isn’t playing today.
* Tyreek Hill (quad), Terry McLaurin (hamstring), Antonio Gibson (shin), Joe Mixon (ankle), Joe Burrow, Jamaal Williams (hip, illness), Chase Edmonds (shoulder), Allen Robinson (ankle), T.J. Hockenson (knee), DeAndre Hopkins, Kadarius Toney (ankle), T.Y. Hilton (neck), Daniel Jones, Sterling Shepard, D.K. Metcalf
☂️ WEATHER REPORT
As of right now there isn’t anything to adjust for this game, but keep an eye on it.
I have a handful of bets up on Betsperts for today’s games if you want to tail me (username: peteroverzet). Good luck today and enjoy the game tonight as well.
- Pete Overzet