In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter we recap MNF, share the top waiver adds of the week, and do an injury roundup. It's 10/19. Take it away, Peter Overzet…
Derrick Henry is unreal.
He rushed for 143 yards last night (126 of which came *after* contact) and scored 3 TDs as the Titans beat the Bills 34-31 at home.
He’s now up to 783 rushing yards and 10 TDs through 6 games.
When you start to put it into context, it really is remarkable:
On the Bills side, Stefon Diggs (9-89-1), Cole Beasley (7-88-1), and Emmanuel Sanders (5-91) all had productive days.
Read on for the top waiver adds of the week, plus a roundup of important injury news.
🛒 THE TOP WAIVER WIRES ADDS
Rotoviz’s Sam Wallace lists his top waiver wire targets for Week 6, as well as the percentage that they are currently rostered in ESPN leagues. Take it away, Sam…
- J.D. McKissic (RB - 46.1%) - McKissic made the most of his opportunity in Week 6 and topped 100 yards from scrimmage. This was due, in part, to Antonio Gibson dealing with a shin injury. Heading into Week 6, he was RB17 in targets and RB10 in receiving yards.
- Devonta Freeman (RB - 2.4%) - It feels wrong to be suggesting Freeman in the Year 2021, but here we are. Freeman and Le’Veon Bell scored in Week 6, with the former toting the ball nine times for 53 yards. Latavius Murray left with an ankle injury and his status will need to be monitored.
- D’Ernest Johnson (RB - 1.1%) - Nick Chubb missed Week 6 with a calf injury, and Kareem Hunt is expected to miss several weeks. The Cleveland Browns play on Thursday night, which means the quick turnaround could force Johnson into a more prominent role. Johnson has three total carries on the season but is in line for expanded opportunities.
- Tim Patrick (WR - 40.4%) - Patrick has topped 12 fantasy points in all but one game this season. He topped 13 points in Week 6. It is worth noting that Jerry Jeudy has been designated to return from Injured Reserve, which means he has 21 days to be activated to the game-day roster.
- Rashod Bateman (WR - 14.3%) - A highly-touted rookie wide receiver, Bateman made his debut this week and drew six targets. Bateman stepped in and immediately tied for the team-lead in targets with tight end Mark Andrews. It’s also worth noting that he out-targeted Marquise Brown, who had five.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown (WR - 11.4%) - St. Brown has racked up 23 targets in his last three appearances but has struggled to accrue receiving yards or find the end zone. With Quintez Cephus done for the season, St. Brown should be a more featured part of this offense moving forward.
For 14 more waiver wire ideas, check out Sam’s full article at Rotoviz. You can get access to all of the great content and tools at Rotoviz—along with a bundle of other great sites—for one low price with Rotopass. It’s the best way to win.
🚑 THE INJURY WARD
* Julio Jones left last night’s game with a hamstring injury.
* The Cowboys are “hopeful” that WR Michael Gallup (calf) can return to practice after the team’s Week 7 bye.
* Saints WR Michael Thomas (ankle) is still a “few weeks away” per Ian Rapoport. He’s eligible to come off the PUP list this week.
* Trey Lance (knee) did not practice yesterday, but Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) did.
* Good news for the Colts is that T.Y. Hilton avoided a major injury, but the bad news is Parris Campbell suffered a “significant” foot injury and will miss time.
* Jerry Jeudy is unlikely to play Week 7 due to the short week, but Week 8 seems plausible at this point.
* The Browns aren’t ruling out Nick Chubb for Thursday, but the short week might make it tough. Kareem Hunt will miss at least three weeks with his calf injury.
* Seahawks RB Alex Collins (hip, glute) appears questionable for their game vs. the Saints this weekend. Rashaad Penny could return from IR this week.
🐦 TWEET OF THE DAY
- Pete Overzet