In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter we get you ready for Week 9 with all the news you need to know. It's 11/7. Take it away, Peter Overzet…
As we’ve been hinting at all week, this is shaping up to be a wild week. We have a ton of guys returning to action from absences and a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Cardinals-49ers game.
We’ll attempt to break it all down below, but make sure you are checking in on the afternoon inactives around 3pm ET today.
If you have any specific start/sit questions, be sure to check out our free Week 9 fantasy rankings by Waz, which were posted in yesterday’s newsletter.
⛔ OUT OR NOT EXPECTED TO PLAY
* Jaguars RB James Robinson (ankle) is out for today’s game vs. the Bills. Carlos Hyde is a pretty strong fill in option who will catch a decent amount of passes in a negative game script.
* Ravens WR Sammy Watkins is out today. Rashod Bateman is playing.
This Cardinals-49ers game is going to be really tricky and we won’t have the full inactives until later this afternoon. As of now, it seems like the Cardinals guys are doubtful, while the 49ers are more on the good side of questionable.
* QB Kyler Murray (ankle) is listed as questionable and is expected to test his injury in pregame warmups. I don’t get the vibe he’s going to play, but if you are rolling the dice on Murray, make sure you have a backup plan (Colt McCoy, Jordan Love, Jimmy Garoppolo, etc.).
* WR DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring), similar to Murray, is going to test things out in warmups. Hopkins has been playing through this injury for a few weeks now, but it does seem more severe this week after not finishing the game 10 days ago. If he doesn’t go, Rondale Moore and Christian Kirk will see a big boost.
* Aaron Rodgers, Derrick Henry, Calvin Ridley, Jameis Winston, Odell Beckham Jr., DeVante Parker, Dawson Knox, Saquon Barkley, Sterling Shepard, Dante Pettis, Blake Jarwin, Michael Gallup, Eric Ebron
🙏🏼 PLAYING OR EXPECTED TO PLAY
* Christian McCaffrey will return to action today after a long absence. Most reports indicate a snap count of some sort. He’s impossible to sit in season-long leagues if you have him, though a much trickier decision in DFS. Previously when CMC returned from injuries, he took on a full workload. Sam Darnold will also play for the Panthers today.
* WR Cole Beasley, who has been questionable all week, will play today.
* WR Kenny Golladay (knee) will return today for the Giants after a good week of practice. The Giants will have Golladay, Kadarius Toney, Darius Slayton, and John Ross all available at WR.
* TE George Kittle (calf) is returning from IR, but is expected to be on a pitch count. He’s still a top ten option this week, but there’s a wide range of outcomes here.
* WR Deebo Samuel (calf) is expected to play, but coach Shanahan said his calf “is worse this week.” Samuel is a gamer who will likely fight to play, but he’s a risky start. Brandon Aiyuk could have a big game if Samuel is limited.
* RB Elijah Mitchell has been battling a rib issue all week and is officially questionable. The 49ers also activated Jeff Wilson Jr., who Shanahan earlier implied would not be added to the roster unless Mitchell was in doubt. It seems unlikely that either will command a ton of touches today, so proceed cautiously.
* Looking to MNF, David Montgomery is trending toward playing. I imagine Khalil Herbert will still be involved, but I’d lean toward starting Montgomery if I have him.
Sunday Night Football should be fun tonight:
I have a handful of bets up on Betsperts for today’s games if you want to tail me (username: peteroverzet). Good luck today and enjoy another day full of football.
- Pete Overzet