It’s Saturday, which means we have updated ranks after a busy day of Friday news.
A couple quick hitters before Waz gives us his ranking notes…
* The DFS slate got flipped on its head yesterday when Amari Cooper was ruled out for Week 11 after being placed on the COVID list. The target tree for Dallas should condense around CeeDee Lamb, Michael Gallup and Dalton Schultz. Cedrick Wilson is your dart throw.
* Alvin Kamara has been ruled out for Week 11 with his knee injury. Waz has Mark Ingram ranked as his RB20.
* 49ers RB Eli Mitchell (finger) is listed as doubtful for tomorrow and JaMycal Hasty (ankle) is out as well. Considering the team has shown know willingness to give rookie Trey Sermon carries, Jeff Wilson Jr. (RB22) is headed for a big workload.
* Jared Goff (oblique) is doubtful, which means Tim Boyle will get his first career start vs. the Browns. Downgrade all the Lions weapons and boost the Cleveland DST while you are at it.
* Chris Carson is expected to have season-ending neck surgery. Alex Collins has been operating as the lead back in his absence, but Travis Homer has been working in on pass downs if you need a PPR flier.
🥇 WAZ'S .5 PPR RANKS
* Keep an eye out for news surrounding Clyde Edwards-Helaire (RB27) today. There is a chance that the Chiefs activate him from IR, which could muddy the waters for Darrell Williams’ (RB24) outlook. There is speculation that the Chiefs will hold Edwards-Helaire out until after their bye next week, especially with Williams running well recently. Still, I project Andy Reid will want as many playmakers out there in a tough matchup against the Cowboys. The Cowboys rank 18th in DVOA against the run.
* Once again, Kyler Murray (QB9) is a GTD in a late afternoon road game against the Seahawks, but I’m optimistic that he plays this week. Some of that optimism has to do with Colt McCoy (QB33) nursing a pectoral strain of his own and the Cardinals likely not wanting to rely on Chris Streveler (QB32) on the road in a crucial division matchup. DeAndre Hopkins has already been ruled out.
* Baker Mayfield (QB21) has dealt with several injuries lately, but logged limited practices this week and is expected to start against the Lions. Lucky for him, Nick Chubb (RB2) returned from the COVID-19 List and Jarvis Landry (WR27) and Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR48) appear to be trending in the right direction with their injuries. As 12.5 point favorites, it’s unlikely Mayfield will need to throw a lot. We could see D’Ernest Johnson (RB34) and Demetric Felton (NR) see some extra work as well.
* With Allen Robinson doubtful to play with a hamstring injury and the Bears fresh off their bye, Darnell Mooney (WR31) is a good play against a Ravens defense that ranks 24th in DVOA against the pass. David Montgomery (RB14) should see plenty of work. Still, with the Bears being 6 point home underdogs, a positive game script could offer Mooney, Cole Kmet (TE16), and Marquise Goodwin (WR77) opportunities to post season-best numbers.
* After missing practice all week with a shoulder injury, Allen Lazard is not expected to play tomorrow, which should promote increased looks for Davante Adams (WR2), Marquez Valdes-Scantling (WR53), and Randall Cobb (WR54). With the Packers already without Aaron Jones and dependent on A.J. Dillon (RB7) in the run game, Aaron Rodgers (QB8) should focus heavily on these four players in a game where they are favored by 1.5 points with an implied point total of 24.3 points.
QBs Flex 1-50
Flex 51-100 Flex 101-150
Rob Waziak aka "Waz" is a fantasy football analyst who competes in draft and season-long expert rankings competitions. He's consistently been at or near the top of all industry-wide leaderboards since 2017.
Have you downloaded the Fantasy Life app yet? It’s the best place to get push alerts on breaking fantasy news. I’ll be doing a Q&A over there tomorrow at 10am ET if you want to swing by and pepper me with start/sit questions. Download the app here.
- Pete Overzet