We’ve lived multiple lifetimes since the last newsletter on Friday. There is a lot to pay attention to this morning, let’s get to it…
- Despite a scare last night with a false positive, the Saints-Lions game is on after the test was rerun and came back negative. FWIW, many Saints players, including Alvin Kamara, were up late last night being tested.
- The Patriots-Chiefs game will take place on Monday now. Jarret Stidham won’t be the starter for New England. Brian Hoyer will get the nod with Cam Newton on the COVID list.
- Chris Carson (MCL sprain) is good to go today, while Carlos Hyde is out. Carson practiced in full Friday and Jene Bramel says all indications point to a full workload with relatively minimal risk of aggravation.
- Despite missing practice all week, DeAndre Hopkins is active today. Considering the GIF he posted yesterday, it seems like he’ll be fine today.
- PLAYING: DeAndre Hopkins, Christian Kirk, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Terry McLaurin, Kareem Hunt, Russell Gage (Monday)
- GAME TIME DECISION: Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, and Sony Michel
- Dwayne Haskins starting job is on notice. A report from Ian Rapoport suggested he could surrender the gig to backup Kyle Allen if he continues to struggle.
- One more player and one more personnel tested positive in Tennessee. For those keeping track at home, that’s 18 positive tests in the past week. With the Titans not able to reopen their training facility until Wednesday at the earliest, their Week 5 game vs. the Bills is now in jeopardy.
- Deebo Samuel was activated off injured reserve Saturday. He is $200 on DraftKings for the single game showdown slate.
- Noah Fant (ankle) is unlikely to play in Week 5. He’s considered “week-to-week”.
Good luck today.