Then it was reported that he intends to show up to practice today, but buried within the report is a note about Kamara receiving an epidural injection last week.
And now it seems like Kamara will return to practice soon and the Saints were posturing with the trade rumor to emphasize that they will pay him more than any other team.
That’s a humdinger of a news cycle right there. To me the most alarming thing is the spinal steroid injection, signalling he’s been suffering from extreme pain in his back. We saw a banged up Kamara last year and it wasn’t pretty. I’d need a steep discount to draft him right now relative to his Top 5 ADP.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- It sounds like Joe Mixon and the Bengals are close to agreeing on a four-year extension worth $48 million. If (and the operative word here is if), the Bengals expand his receiving role, Mixon can smash.
- The Raiders have placed Tyrell Williams on IR after he underwent surgery on his torn labrum. Henry Ruggs and Darren Waller were already going to get plenty of work, but feel free to push Bryan Edwards and Hunter Renfrow up your board a smidge.
- If you drafted Leonard Fournette in the early rounds already then this Matt Verderame rumor is your huckleberry.
- The hype on J.K. Dobbins continues to build out of Ravens camp with Harbaugh saying he would have a “significant role” this year. Mark Ingram is more of a speed bump than a road block.
- Practice watch because it’s all we got: Zack Moss returned to full-contact practice, Parris Campbell returned to non-contact practice after his car accident last week, and Kliff Kinsbury says DeAndre Hopkins and Kenyan Drake will return to full practices soon.
- Mike Reiss projects that Mohamed Sanu will not make the 53-man roster. If true, that WR depth chart is dangerously thin behind Julian Edelman and sophomore N’Keal Harry.
- CJ McCollum is looking for one more person to join his fantasy football league. Shoot your shot.
HOW TO LEVERAGE A SUPER BOWL RING