In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter, we recap all the Week 17 action, take an initial pass on injuries, and preview Monday Night Football. It's 1/3. Take it away, Peter Overzet…
Week 17 didn’t disappoint. We got multiple league-winning performances and a truly bizarre mid-game meltdown from Antonio Brown. Here is everything that caught my eye yesterday..
1. Joe Burrow & Ja’Marr Chase - No QB has been hotter the past two weeks than Burrow who strung together his 2nd straight 445+ yard, 4 TD and 0 INT game. Last week Tee Higgins was the big beneficiary, but Chase stole the show (11-266-2) with an unreal set of catches and multiple griddy dances.
2. Rashaad Penny - Now this was the performance that the Seahawks dreamed of when they drafted Penny in the first round. Penny carved up the Lions defense (25-17-2; 2-15) on his way to finishing as the RB1 in Week 17. We’ll see if Nick Chubb has anything to say about that tonight.
- Davante Adams - There were some cold weather concerns for this game last night, but Adams is inevitable regardless of the conditions. It’s hilarious that a 11-136-1 line is actually the norm for him.
4. Braxton Berrios - Berrios was a DFS darling yesterday as he offered salary relief on a slate with a tight cap. He rewarded fantasy managers with a Wes Welkerian performance (8-65-1; 2-12-1). The Bucs couldn’t stop Berrios, all they could do was try to contain him. And they failed.
- Tom Brady & Rob Gronkowski - It’s honestly incredible that we are still talking about the Brady to Gronk connection. Gronk led the Bucs and all TEs in scoring yesterday, hauling in 7 of his 11 targets for 115 yards. Even after losing weapons to injury and insanity (more on that below), Brady racked up 410 yards and 3 TDs on 50 attempts.
Honorable Mentions: Russell Wilson, Devin Singletary, Rhamondre Stevenson, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Noah Fant
Dishonorable Mention: Antonio Brown
🚑 THE INJURY WARD
Here are a few of the notable injuries from yesterday…
* Ronald Jones (ankle), Damien Harris (hamstring), Michael Gallup (ACL), Joe Burrow (knee), Ricky Seals-Jones (neck)
🔮 MNF PREVIEW
Tonight we wrap up Week 17 with Big Ben’s final game in Pittsburgh.
The Steelers host the Browns as 3 point favorites in a game with a 43 point over/under.
The Browns are missing a few key defensive backs, but Kareem Hunt is expected to play. For the Steelers, TE Pat Freiermuth is good to go after clearing the concussion protocol.
Enjoy the game, we’ll see you tomorrow.