Q: How many rush attempts did the Bucs have last night?
Close, Tom. It was 5. Though to be fair, the final one was on a QB kneel down to end the game so I’m inclined to give it to you. Those five carries, by the way, set an NFL record for the fewest rush attempts ever in a NFL game.
In case you couldn’t tell, the Saints manhandled the Bucs. Brady threw for 155 yards and 3 TDs, Jameis Winston ate a W, and the game ended at 11:13pm ET so we could all get to bed on time. Shout out to the Saints for that.
Adding insult to injury for the Bucs, Marshon Lattimore is out here windmill dunking on Mike Evans. Last night on the Splash Play pod we discussed how the addition of Antonio Brown (5 targets in his debut) and the spread-out nature of this Bucs offense is really going to hurt Evans’ production going forward.
- Kyler Murray went nuclear yesterday against the Dolphins and is now pacing for an all-time great fantasy season. He had 282 passing yards, 106 rushing yards, and 4 total TDs. On the other side of the ball, Tua Tagovailoa bounced back after his disappointing debut last week. He had 8.9 YPA, 2 TDs, no picks, and scrambled for 35 yards.
- Elsewhere, Christian McCaffrey continued the trend of players dominating after returning from injury. He rushed for 69 yards and a TD while also catching 10 balls for 82 yards and a TD. He apparently suffered a shoulder injury, though, so we’ll keep tabs on that this week. The Chiefs, who are now 8-1, did Chiefs things as both Travis Kelce (10-159) and Tyreek Hill (113 yards & 2 TDs) gave the Panthers trouble all afternoon.
- You know it’s a bizzaro day of NFL action when Kallen Ballage is racking up touches (16 carries for 69 yards) and finding the end zone. Justin Jackson, who was a very popular DFS play, got injured in warm-ups. It’s hard to conjure a dog house big enough to hold Joshua Kelley right now.
- Dalvin Cook continued his destruction (206 yards and 2 TDs), although he got a huge assist from Detroit: “The Lions played defense with 10 men for a 2-point conversion last week. But a week later, they did it again -- and this time Cook really made them pay, blistering through the short-manned defense for a 70-yard touchdown.” Unstacking the box against the hottest running back in the league is some true galaxy brain level thinking by Detroit.
- Everyone thought that Week 9 was a Tyler Lockett week per the infallible Seattle Zig Zag WR Theorem™. “Tre'Davious White will shut down DK Metcalf,” they said. Here’s the thing, though: Metcalf is a generational talent and a grown ass man. On the whole, it was the Bills who enjoyed the big fantasy day. Josh Allen completed 31-of-38 passes for 415 yards and 3 TDs. Neither Stefon Diggs (9-118) or John Brown (8-99) found the endzone, but each put up nice PPR days.
- Jerry Jeudy posted career-highs in catches (7) and yards (125) yesterday and found his way into the winning Milly Maker lineup while putting on a route running clinic.
- How is it that whenever I play The Big Dog aka Derrick Henry in DFS he never goes bonkers?? I reviewed my disappointing Week 9 DFS lineups on my YouTube channel this morning.
- What are the scariest 4 words in the English language? Running back by committee. That’s exactly what we now have in Indianapolis and it’s a disaster for fantasy.