Last night’s MNF game was pretty painful, outside of rookie sensation Justin Jefferson popping off for 10 catches and 135 yards. Cordarrelle Patterson got a lot of burn (14 touches), but it was 8th career kick return TD that helped out his box score.
The good news is the island games get much better this week:
- TNF: Cardinals @ Seahawks
- SNF: Chiefs @ Raiders
- MNF: Rams @ Bucs
We only have 3 more weeks until the fantasy playoffs begin for most leagues, so let’s see what flotsam we can find bobbing around on the waiver wire...
The Top 5 Waiver Adds For Week 11
- Salvon Ahmed (RB - Rostered in 0.4% of ESPN Leagues) - The Dolphins released Jordan Howard yesterday after Ahmed played 44-of-58 snaps, handled 84% of the team’s carries, and rushed for 85 rushing yards and a TD on Sunday vs. the Chargers. Matt Breida could return in Week 11—and Myles Gaskin in a few weeks too—but we always want to chase volume at the RB position and the team has soft matchups the next two weeks vs. the Broncos and Jets.
- Kallen Ballage (RB - 25.8%) - Time for me to eat some crow after dismissing Ballage last week. Justin Jackson has now been placed on IR, Austin Ekeler is still a week or two away, and Joshua Kelley is in the doghouse. Ballage now has back-to-back games with 15 or more carries and scored a TD again on Sunday. Now they face the fantasy-friendly Jets at home in Week 11. As Matthew would say, get ready for the Ballage Barrage.
- Michael Pittman Jr. (WR - 5%) - Cole Beasley is going to be a popular recommendation at WR this week, but the Bills are heading on bye and he’s rostered in 50% of leagues already. Pittman has now accumulated 15 targets over the last two weeks and put up 101 yards in Week 10 vs. the Titans. 2020 has been the year of the rookie WR breakout and Pittman looks like the next to do it.
- Jameis Winston (QB - 0.6%) - Drew Brees (ribs/collapsed lung) is going to miss at least 2-3 weeks, which means Winston will be under center for this upcoming stretch: ATL, @DEN, ATL. That’s two dome games vs. Atlanta, for the record. Winston didn’t look great in relief on Sunday, but with a full week of starters reps at practice and Michael Thomas getting back to speed, he’s one of the better QB streamer pick-ups of the year.
- Jakeem Grant (WR - 0.8%) - With Preston Williams on IR and Isaiah Ford shipped up to Boston, Grant has seen his role increase over the past two weeks, earning 5 targets in back-to-back games, including a TD in Week 11. Grant is one of the fastest players in the league and has the athleticism to maximize his touches on a given week.
Injury Rundown. Andy Dalton (concussion/illness) has cleared the concussion protocol and has been activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list...Tyler Lockett is dealing with a knee sprain and is day-to-day. They play on Thursday this week, so something to keep tabs on...Chris Carson still isn’t practicing...Drew Lock is nursing a muscle strain around his ribs...Zach Ertz (ankle) has been designated to return from IR...Christian McCaffrey is unlikely to play in Week 11, though he has not been ruled out yet...Sam Darnold won’t suit up against the Chargers this week. Joe Flacco gets another start...The Lions are optimistic Matthew Stafford’s thumb injury isn’t serious, but he needs more tests.