A lot of teams in the league released “unofficial” depth charts yesterday and it is our unalienable right as fantasy gamers to massively react to these reports.
Let’s take a look at some of the more eyebrow-raising designations and see if we are buyin’ it or not buyin’ it…
- Mike Gesicki is listed as the #2 tight end behind Durham Smythe. Not buyin’ it. Gesicki is going to be a glorified slot WR this year, we can all relax.
- Jonathan Taylor is listed as the #2 running back behind incumbent Marlon Mack. Buyin it. As talented as Taylor is, these rookies will have to earn their official and unofficial starting designations.
- UDFA James Robinson is listed as the No. 1 running back on the Jaguars’ depth chart. You know what...I’m buyin’ it. Robinson has a profile of an early down grinder and they are in need of someone to take that role.
- Ronald Jones is listed as the No. 1 running back for the Buccaneers. Buyin’ it. Fournette is lurking, but Jones is going to get first crack at this job.
- AJ Dillon is expected to be the Packers’ No. 3 running back. Ugh, buyin’ it. As every Aaron Jones drafter has previously experienced, Jamaal Williams is not going away.
- J.K. Dobbins is listed as the fourth RB on the first Ravens depth chart. Not buyin’ it. The team has already said he’ll have a role and he’s the most talented back on the team.
- Matthew Berry has Logan Thomas as his 1.01?? Not buyin’ it. I’m just kidding, but we did take him at 1.01 in our Randomizer draft last night...because we had no choice. The wheel is very cruel.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Damien Harris has been placed on IR and set to miss at least three games. I guess we are back to the good ol’ days of a Sony Michel and James White backfield.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick is confirmed as the starter in Miami and Mitchell Trubisky in Chicago. I’ll set the O/U at Week 8 when we see Tua and Week 4 for when we see Foles.
- With Lynn Bowden on the move and Theo Riddick cut, Jalen Richard retains the interesting third-down role in Vegas. He’s a cheaper version of Nyheim Hines if you need some bankable PPR production.
- The Rams are optimistic that Darrell Henderson will be ready to go for SNF. Akers won’t have as clear of a runway early on as people hoped.
- The bad news is Brandin Cooks is dealing with a quadriceps injury. The good news is the Texans have a roster full of WRs with similar size/speed profiles.
YES YES YES THE SEASON KICKS OFF THURSDAY AND I KNOW THIS IS TECHNICALLY A SECTION HEADER BUT I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT I AM VERY EXCITED