Well, it wasn’t the offensive explosion we were hoping for, but Tyler Lockett (9-67-1), DK Metcalf (3-46-1), and the RBs (Kenyan Drake, Chase Edmonds, and Carlos Hyde) all turned in serviceable fantasy stat lines.
The big stories of the game were Kyler Murray getting banged up and struggling as a passer and Kliff Kingsbury making very suboptimal decisions with his clock management. Kingsbury needs to step up his game before he gets tagged with the “Fake Sharp” designations that the analytics nerds like to assign to Sean McVay.
Anyways, we’re onto Sunday. Here’s everything I’m paying attention to heading into the Week 11 main slate...
- D’Andre Swift is now in the NFL’s concussion protocol and didn’t practice on Thursday. This is a big gut punch for Swift after his breakout last week and the Panthers forgiving run defense on tap. At this point, it seems unlikely that he’ll play Sunday and the most realistic outcome is Matt Patricia giving Adrian Peterson 15+ touches while mixing in Kerryon Johnson on passing downs 🤮🤮🤮.
- In that same game, Teddy Bridgewater (knee) is unlikely to play for the Panthers. It’s still a little unclear whether XFL star P.J. Walker or Will Grier will get the start in his absence. Anyone who watched the Houston Roughnecks play in February is certainly pulling for Walker, who has no problem pushing the ball down field and making tight throws. As Matthew highlights in his Week 11 Love/Hate column, Mike Davis could be the focal point of the offense vs. a leaky Detroit run defense.
- We know Sean Payton loves Taysom Hill, but I didn’t know he loved him enough to actually start him at QB over Jameis Winston, but that’s what Adam Schefter is now reporting. I’m now legally obligated to tell you that Hill has TE-eligibility on FanDuel and ESPN.
- I’ll post the full injury rundown below, but specifically keep tabs on the WRs who were downgraded over the course of the week (Davante Adams and A.J. Brown). Last night on the Splash Play pod we ran down all of the main injuries and gave out our favorite plays and bets for Week 11 with Rotoworld’s Pat Daugherty.
- Once upon a time I was the undisputed Deposit King, but then I won a few DFS tournaments and the brand I worked tirelessly to grow was destroyed in an instant. I always knew someone would take the crown for me, but I never imagined it would be Odell Beckham Jr. I guess it’s time to get you a shirt, Odell. Let us know your address and we’ll send one of these your way:
Injury Rundown. Chris Carson is expected to be back for Week 12...Sammy Watkins (hamstring/calf) was limited at practice Thursday...Clyde Edwards-Helaire missed practice yesterday...Drew Lock split QB reps Thursday with Brett Rypien...Tee Higgins missed practice yesterday with an illness...Alvin Kamara (foot) didn’t practice yesterday...A.J. Brown (knee) sat out practice Thursday...Davante Adams (ankle) was held out of practice as well...Kenny Golladay (hip) was a non-participant...Joe Mixon (foot) continues not to practice...The Seahahwks fear TE Greg Olsen ruptured fascia in his foot.
Talk to you, Sunday.