Well, the Taysom Hill experiment worked out decently? He completed 18 of 23 passes for 233 yards and scored twice on the ground. They didn’t seem to design many runs for him which seems weird considering his skill set, but he had a decent day throwing to Michael Thomas (12-104) and made enough plays to hold down the starting job going forward.
Now we wait to see if sites like ESPN and FanDuel plan to re-assign him as a QB instead of a TE or let it rip. My home league text chain discovered the loophole on Sunday morning and it led to quite an impassioned discussion that I enjoyed as a silent observer.
- Last week I highlighted the Top 5 plays of Week 10 and Week 11 had its share of good ones, but nothing could top the hold my beer, one-upmanship between CeeDee Lamb and Adam Thielen in that Cowboys-Vikings game. These two catches were absolutely insane. Also, A.J. Brown continues to go toe-to-toe with DK Metcalf for Grown Ass Man supremacy. What a play.
- The big bummer of Week 11 was Joe Burrow suffering a season-ending ACL tear after taking a gross hit to his knee while being sacked in the third quarter. I ain’t linking to it here, sorry. Burrow really flashed promise this season, averaging 276 passing yards per game and PFF gave him the 17th-best offensive grade among quarterbacks. Here’s to hoping for a speedy recovery for Burrow. Until then, it’s Ryan Finley time (*the crowd goes wild!*).
QB Curiosities from Week 11: P.J. Walker had a couple bad interceptions, but otherwise looked pretty good yesterday, connecting with both DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel for multiple big plays...Jake Luton threw 4 interceptions. Gardner Minshew will probably get that job back soon...Tua Tagovailoa was benched in the 4th quarter yesterday, but the team said he will remain the starting QB and now gets the Jets in Week 12...One QB who should prolly get benched is Carson Wentz, but Doug Pederson insists that he has not considered pulling the plug...Every team in the NFC has exactly three wins and the Eagles have the lead because of their tie with the Bengals. No wonder Pederson can’t bench Wentz, he’s the NFC East’s most decorated QB.
- Last night on Splash Play, Spags and I recapped Week 11 and looked at the players with the best playoff schedules at each position. The Big Dog is gonna eat in DHember.
- I finished 14th out of 5,555 people in the $100 Spy on DraftKings for $2,000 yesterday. I broke down my lineup on my YouTube channel this morning.
- We get a three-game slate on Thursday this week for Thanksgiving. And even though I feel disgusted at the prospect of having to watch the Lions again on a 4 day turnaround, I’m pretty amped for these matchups from a fantasy perspective: Texans @ Lions, Washington Football Team @ Cowboys, and Ravens @ Steelers.
Tonight we have Bucs-Rams. Enjoy.