Hopefully you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The newsletter took the day off and now we have a bunch to catch up on with both a real-life and fantasy hangover. Oh, it’s also Black Friday in the Fantasy Life store where everything is marked down up to 30%. Let’s get to it.
- The Ravens are shutting down their training facility until Monday at the earliest, after more players tested positive for COVID-19, including Lamar Jackson. The game had initially been moved from Thursday to Sunday, but will now need to be moved again. Field Yates has a good idea for the schedulers, but the bottom line is we won’t be able to count on having Ravens and Steelers players available for our Week 12 matchups. If you’ve been riding Jackson, Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, Mark Andrews, etc. etc. you’ll need to find some Sleepers to replace them. Maybe even RGIII.
- Will Fuller and Antonio Gibson went nuclear yesterday while giving their fantasy managers plenty to be thankful for. Gibson had 115 rushing yards, 3 TDs, and chipped in 5 catches for 21 yards through the air. If this workload holds, Gibson will be an absolute monster down the stretch. In the first game, Fuller dropped 171 yards and 2 TDs on the Lions non-existent secondary. Deshaun Watson tossed two other TDs to the RBs, Duke Johnson and C.J. Prosise. Most of the Lions offensive output condensed around two Adrian Peterson goal line TDs, bleh. If you have both Fuller and Gibson on your team, you are well on your way to becoming a fantasy champion.
- The main slate after Thanksgiving always arrives quickly, but things feel even more chaotic this year with COVID schedule shuffling and a ton of injuries to monitor. I’ll post the full injury rundown below, but fair warning, almost everyone is listed as questionable. Some of these guys just popped up on the report (like Josh Jacobs), others are taking a normal maintenance day (A.J. Brown), and some teams didn’t even technically practice and the injury status was estimated (Chris Carson). The range of outcomes here is wide, so make sure to pay attention to reports as they progress throughout the weekend.
Limited: Deebo Samuel (hamstring), Chris Carson (foot), Josh Jacobs (hip), Kyler Murray (shoulder), Kalen Ballage (ankle/calf), Michael Thomas (ankle), Alvin Kamara (foot), Allen Lazard (core), Gio Bernard (concussion), Sterling Shepard (hip/toe), Tua Tagovailoa (left thumb), Calvin Ridley (foot), Christian McCaffrey (shoulder),
DNP: Jordan Reed (illness), A.J. Brown (knee; normal maintenance), Philip Rivers (toe),
Davante Adams (ankle), Nick Foles (hip), D.J. Chark (ribs), Salvon Ahmed (shoulder), Jerry Jeudy (ankle/achilles), John Brown (ankle), Todd Gurley (knee),
Full: DeAndre Hopkins, Sam Darnold
COVID-19 List: Adam, Thielen, Larry Fitzgerald
- One note on those COVID designations, it seems likely neither Thielen or Fitzgerald will play. That makes both Andy Isabella and...well, I don’t know who to recommend. The targets probably get distributed amongst Chad Beebe, Bisi Johnson, and Tajae Sharpe. Isabella is a solid pick-up though if you’re in a pinch.
- I finished 1128 out of 1130 people in one Thanksgiving DFS tournament yesterday. It was a nice reminder of my humble beginnings as The Deposit King.
We’ll see you guys on Sunday to get ready for the Week 12 main slate.