This is definitely the craziest slate of the year. Adam Schefter summed it up nicely last night:
- Ravens' Reserve/COVID list grew to 18 players.
- Lions did a housecleaning.
- The 49ers have no place to play.
- The Broncos have no quarterbacks.
- AND OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF
Ok, that last bullet is from Dumb & Dumber but you get the point: THE SLATE CONTINUES TO GET FLIPPED ON IT’S HEAD. Let’s get to it and dive into everything you need to know before setting your Week 12 lineup...
- Taysom Hill vs. Kendall Hinton. The Broncos have no eligible QBs to play today after Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID on Thursday and Drew Lock, Brett Rypien, and Blake Bortles were deemed high-risk close contacts. Practice squad WR Kendall Hinton is expected to primarily play QB for the Broncos today. The team is also expected to mix in the running backs in wildcat packages. This isn’t near as exciting as the Taysom situation last week because a) Hinton is in the ESPN database as a QB and b) The Broncos implied team total is a hilariously dismal 10.25. Godspeed if you play anyone but the defenses in this game.
- Ravens vs. Steelers???. The Ravens-Steelers game has been pushed to Tuesday night and Lamar Jackson, James Conner, Mark Andrews, Mark Ingram, and JK Dobbins will not play. Via Schefter, there have been nine Ravens players and eight staffers who have tested positive for COVID in the past week. This seems like a fragile situation, so if you have tiebreakers for start/sits I’d lean away from this game or see if you can get your commissioner to offer a contingency player in case this game gets pushed out of Week 12.
- Injury Rundown. See below for the full list of players sitting out and returning Week 12, but the biggest developments are no Jonathan Taylor due to COVID (hello Nyheim Hines & Jordan Wilkins), Julio Jones (Ridley should smash), and Tua Tagovailoa (it’s Fitz time...again). Kallen Ballage will also miss the game, but it fortunately syncs up with the return of Austin Ekeler.
- INACTIVES: Julio Jones (hamstring), Kallen Ballage (calf/ankle), Christian McCaffrey, Larry Fitzgerald, Rex Burkhead, Jonathan Taylor, Irv Smith, D.J. Chark, Chris Conley, Denzel Ward, Todd Gurley, John Brown, Salvon Ahmed, Myles Gaskin, Drew Lock, Jeff Driskell, Brett Rypien, Tevin Coleman and Brandon Aiyuk.
- RETURNING: Austin Ekeler, Raheem Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Trent Williams, Richard Sherman, Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold, Mitchell Trubisky and Chris Carson.
- NOTES: Passing along some more notes from Jene Bramel’s Twitter...Raheem Mostert is likely near full strength and 10+ touches are likely...Kyler Murray (shoulder sprain) progressed well in practice this week, though the team could limit designed runs...Giovani Bernard (concussion) practiced in full on Friday and should see his full workload...Ekeler (hamstring) responded better than expected in drills this week. There’s some risk of aggravation, but he’s a nice start...With Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed out, the Dolphins will have Matt Breida, Patrick Laird, and DeAndre Washington at RB today.
- SNF & MNF Updates. The Eagles are expected to give rookie QB Jalen Hurts increased playing time on Monday night without Carson Wentz on the field...Chris Carson does not have an injury designation and is expected to start for the Seahawks.