It’s Wednesday, which means there’s football on at 3:40pm ET.
I should mention as Mr. Wet Blanket, however, that this game should probably not be happening. The Ravens had two more positive tests yesterday, including one player and one staff member. It doesn’t take an epidemiologist to infer that there are likely more Ravens players who are at risk of a positive test after recent walkthroughs and other interactions.
But this is the NFL and the show must go on. The team is submitting their rosters at 12:30pm ET and the point-of-care testing took place this morning. According to Mark Maske, the final decision on playing the game can be made after those results are in. You’ll want to check in for that news, as well as inactives around 2:15pm. What we know now is that Mark Ingram and JK Dobbins reportedly did not fly yesterday with the team and are unlikely to play.
As mentioned yesterday, we punted the waiver picks to today since most fantasy platforms have delayed waivers until Thursday. Hopefully you are still in contention for a playoff berth, or at the very least, don’t want to let one of your pals get an easy W in Week 13. The picks below are all rostered in less than 30% of ESPN leagues so don’t you dare try to tell me they aren’t available in *your* league...
The Top 5 Waiver Adds For Week 13
- Cam Akers (RB - 27.8%) - Akers probably won’t fly under the radar after his 61-yard run and subsequent TD plunge on Sunday, but it appears that we have a changing of the guard at RB for the Rams. Darrell Henderson rushed for only 18 yards on 10 attempts and Akers got all of the work after his long run. McVay can be stubborn with his RB usage, but Akers could be a league winner if he gets 15+ touches down the stretch.
- Keke Coutee (WR - 0.3%) - Will Fuller is suspended, Kenny Still was waived, and Randall Cobb is on injured reserve. This means that the Texans commitment to fielding a WR corps exclusively of redundant 5’10” speedsters is about to pay off with Coutee as the last man standing. He led the team in red zone targets the past two weeks and should continue to see his role grow.
- Devontae Booker (RB - 5.4%) - This Booker add is more about the uncertainty surrounding Josh Jacobs’ ankle injury than anything else. Booker has primarily been playing passing downs, but has served as the primary Raiders back whenever Jacobs is not on the field. It’s worth noting that the Raiders now get the Jets, who have given up the most receptions to running backs this year.
- Denzel Mims (WR - 4.9%) - I know, I know. The Jets suck. They aren’t trying to win. Blah blah. Here’s the thing: Mims has been really solid. Over the past 2 weeks, he’s averaging 16 targets and 146.5 air yards. The results will follow with that kind of usage and now they get the Raiders.
- Jordan Reed (TE - 15%) - Reed had 6 targets and led the Niners in air yards (84) on Sunday. Tight end is a desolate wasteland and Reed could be a canteen half-filled with water for your thirsty fantasy team. It’s Week 13, gimme a break.
Injury roundup. Gardner Minshew is healthy, but not starting. Mike Glennon will retain the starting job in Week 13...George Kittle may return late in the season...Tua Tagovailoa has a chance to return this week...D.J. Moore (akle) could return after the bye.