Yesterday, I helped Miami Dolphins running back Patrick Laird draft his fantasy team against his college buddies, who once made him take out the trash for a year after getting last place in the league.
I don’t think that will happen again, though. Not after you see the squad he drafted, including two of his teammates at the 9/10 turn. There was one surprise pick at the top, though. As a Cal grad, he didn’t want to draft a Stanford guy. Sorry CMac.
We are a little over 30 hours away until the 2020 NFL season kicks off. Time to make a few last minute preparations...
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- J.D. McKissic is listed as the starting running back for Washington. These depth charts don’t mean much and Antonio Gibson has the far more exciting profile in this backfield, but it’s a good reminder to remain price sensitive when drafting players from ambiguous backfields.
- Brandin Cooks didn’t take part in Tuesday’s practice. With Will Fuller and Randall Cobb presumably locked in three-wide sets, Kenny Stills will be the biggest beneficiary for playing time if Cooks misses Thursday’s opener.
- Positive news for Jalen Reagor, who sounds likely to return for Week 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a repeat performance of Desean Jackson’s Week 1 two years ago.
- Both DeAndre Hopkins and Kareem Hunt agreed to contract extensions yesterday. Two-years, $54.5 million for Hopkins and two-years, $13.2 million for Hunt. Hunt remains one of the highest upside backup running backs in the league and would have a huge role if Chubb were ever to miss time.
- Awful news out of Denver with Von Miller’s season over. He’s set to have surgery after tearing a tendon in his ankle. Football can be unbelievably cruel sometimes.
LAST MINUTE CRAMMING
I know some of you are still squeezing in some last minute drafts before the season starts. Our friends at Sharp Football Analysis are pleased to provide an exclusive coupon code for RotoPass subscribers that will deliver 70% off a weekly betting package from Sharp Football. Use code ROTOPASS70 and get all of Warren’s Week 1 recommendations here.
While you are there, I also highly recommend Rich Hribar’s comprehensive Worksheet for Week 1. If there’s a stone Rich has ever left unturned I haven’t seen it.
THE FIRST EVER ESPN FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE
The League ID for my league on ESPN is #687731. Matthew is in #1.