Week 14 is here. Some of you have byes and can put your feet up, but the rest of us have injury and COVID news to sift through. Let’s get to it…
- Despite conflicting reports, Brandin Cooks will not play today. He’s dealing with foot and neck issues. The Texans are running out of bodies, but expect Keke Coutee, Chad Hansen, and Jordan Akins to garner most of the targets today.
- The big news yesterday is Dolphins starting RB Myles Gaskin has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Matt Breida is already on the covid-19 list and Salvon Ahmed is out, which means the only healthy Dolphins RBs are DeAndre Washington, Patrick Laird and Elijah McGuire. Expect Washington to lead the backfield with Laird working in on some pass downs.
- Similarly, the Texans placed David Johnson on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, which means Duke Johnson is in line to head the Texans' backfield Sunday against the Bears. C.J. Prosise should also get some burn.
- D’Andre Swift, who was listed as questionable all week with an illness, is expected to play vs. the Packers. This is a tricky situation to decipher as the team continues to insist this is an illness separate from his concussion. He practiced in full on Friday, but the team said he won’t have his full workload. You’re on your own with Swift start/sit questions, sorry.
- Josh Jacobs (ankle) is likely to play vs. the Colts this afternoon. Jacobs practiced Thursday and Friday and the reports indicate that he’s close to full strength. Jene Bramel at Footballguys thinks there’s some risk of aggravation and some limitation in workload.
- The Jamison Crowder situation is tricky. He is questionable with a calf injury, but didn’t practice on Friday, which typically isn’t a good sign. There’s some talk he might dress as an emergency WR. I wouldn’t trust him if he suits up and I feel decent about Braxton Berrios and Breshad Perriman filling in for him and Denzel Mims.
- I have bad news for Christian McCaffrey managers. He will not play Sunday against Denver due to his quad injury and it sounds like he may not return until Week 16 or 17. He was unable to practice on Wednesday a week after the injury, which doesn’t bode well. The Mike Davis show continues.
OUT: Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey, D.J. Moore, David Johnson, Myles Gaskin, Salvon Ahmed, Matt Breida, Alexander Mattison, Kyle Rudolph, Kenny Golladay, Jace Sternberger, Denzel Mims, Julio Jones, Antonio Gibson
ACTIVE: Tee Higgins, Ezekiel Elliott, D’Andre Swift, Matthew Stafford, Keke Coutee, Brandin Cooks, Irv Smith, Kenyan Drake, DeAndre Hopkins
EXPECTED TO PLAY: Josh Jacobs, Daniel Jones, Justin Jackson