If you’re still alive in your fantasy leagues and fighting for a championship, congratulations. At this point, staying on top of the news is basically all we can do to gain an edge in this final week.
Btw, I’m doing a giveaway on my YouTube channel right now. For every 200 subs I add before tomorrow (12/24) at noon, I will give someone $100 to play DFS this weekend. All you have to do is subscribe to the channel, comment on this video, and spread the word. Also, if we hit 3,739 subs, my buddy Alex Sonty will match my freeroll and we’ll give out $1,000 in total prizes.
Alright, here’s everything I’m paying attention to today…
- Jeff Wilson Jr. (ankle) is off the injury report, while Raheem Mostert is out this week and most likely done for the season. Wilson Jr. is a Top 24 RB play for Week 16.
- Despite a scare in the Denver game, Stefon Diggs (foot) is set to take part in today’s practice. You're obviously not sitting Diggs if he goes this week, though the combination of the foot and Bill Belichick likely throwing the kitchen sink at him are reasonable concerns for his ceiling.
- We don’t know who is going to start at QB for the Jaguars this week vs. the Bears. Mike Glennon and Gardner Minshew are sharing first-team reps in practice this week. Doug Marrone should have them decide via a 27 round rock-paper-scissors battle and live stream it. That would be great content.
- It doesn’t sound like Ronald Jones (finger, reserve/COVID-19 list) is going to be available Sunday, which means Leonard Fournette is in line for another start. Here’s to hoping he can once again fall in the endzone from the one inch line a couple of times.
- Coach Kyle Shanahan said Tuesday that Nick Mullens may need Tommy John surgery to repair the UCL in his right elbow. C.J. Beathard will get the start on Saturday.
- Both DeVante Parker and Mike Gesicki started the week with limited practices. We’ll have to see how they progress over the next couple days.
Derek Carr (groin) practiced on a limited basis Tuesday...Sean Payton said that he's optimistic that Michael Thomas (ankle) will be back from injured reserve in the minimum three weeks…The NFL revealed Tuesday that Josh Gordon will remain on the commissioner's exempt list indefinitely...Jeff Stotts at Rotowire has a free article today on all of the big injury situations.