Short dispatch before I go and eat and drink all day. All I can say is if you’re reading this at the dinner table, try not to let your family catch you. “Sorry, mom, I’m just a little worried about Tyreek’s DNP yesterday.”
Here are the quick hitters, followed by the full Wednesday practice report…
- Ezekiel Elliott wants to play on Sunday vs. the Eagles after getting in a limited practice on Wednesday. If I were Zeke, I would also be rushing back after watching Tony Pollard do more with my touches than I did all year. But as someone who doesn’t play in the NFL and instead is a fantasy player with multiple Pollard teams still going, I’m begging you Zeke...sit this one out.
- Lions’ WR coach Robert Prince will be Detroit’s interim interim HC on Saturday against Tampa Bay with head coach Darrell Bevell in COVID protocols. I don’t care who is coaching as long as they feed D’Andre Swift.
- Matthew’s Week 16 Love/Hate column is up. As is Mike Clay’s WR/CB matchups column. The fellas both love Mike Evans and Jarvis Landry this week. Don’t forget to read Rich Hribar’s Week 16 Worksheet while you’re at it.
- 10 Secrets From Top DFS Pros. I put together a compilation video of the most important tips & tricks I’ve learned from the best DFS players in the world this season. If you’re looking to get into DFS, this is a great place to start.
- Dwayne Haskins was fined 40,000 one dollar bills for breaking COVID-19 protocols at a strip club.
Full practice report:
DNP: Joe Mixon (foot), Christian McCaffrey (thigh), Phillip Lindsay (hip), Tyree Hill (hamstring), Terry McLaurin (ankle), Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle/hip), Julio Jones (hamstring), Tyler Boyd (concussion), Ben Roethlisberger (not injury-related), Keenan Allen (hip), Hunter Henry (illness), Chase Edmonds (ankle/knee)
Limited: Ezekiel Elliott (calf), Michael Gallup (hip), Evan Engram (calf), DeVante Parker (hamstring), Mike Gesicki (shoulder), Antonio Gibson (toe), Daniel Jones (hamstring/ankle), Alex Smith (calf), A.J. Brown (undisclosed), Aaron Jones (toe), Denzel Mims (foot), Jamison Crowder (calf/thigh), Chris Carson (foot)
Full: Derek Carr (groin), James Conner (quad), Myles Gaskin (illness) was activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list…
I’m going to take tomorrow off, but I’ll do a special Saturday edition of the newsletter for the 3 games on tap. Happy Holidays, everyone.