Yesterday, Alvin Kamara put up a stat line (56.2 PPR points) that is normally reserved for the daydreams of fantasy players. Here’s the full rundown via Matthew:
- Tied for 13th most, all time, any position
- Tied for 5th most, all-time, by a RB
- 6th best ever in FF playoffs (wk 14-17)
- 4th best ever by a RB in FF playoffs
- 3rd best all time in Week 16, any position.
- Most all time by a RB in Week 16 Raising hands
Shout out to Ernie Nevers, who set the record for 6 rushing TDs back in 1929 for the Chicago Cardinals:
Kamara naturally hogged all of the Saints scoring production, save for a Taysom Hill vulture. For the Vikings, Dalvin Cook (15-73-1, 2-2-12), Adam Thielen (8-97-1), Justin Jefferson (10-6-85) and Irv Smith (6-53-2) all put up lines that managers won’t scoff at.
Today, we have a 3 game slate kicking off at 1pm ET with Buccaneers-Lions, followed by 49ers-Cardinals at 4pm, and Dolphins-Raiders with the nightcap. There’s been a decent amount of news over the past couple days, so let’s catch up on everything we missed while housing eggnog…
- Ronald Jones did not pass COVID protocols in time to travel with the team, so Leonard Fournette will get another start this afternoon vs. the Lions. The Lions are relatively healthy for this game, outside of Kenny Golladay who will apparently never play again.
- The 49ers activated George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve Friday. It sounds like he’ll be on a “pitch count” today, but if you were lucky enough to stash him I think you start him over just about any tight end not named Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, or Mark Andrews. C.J. Beathard will start at QB for the Niners (no Nick Mullens) and Jeff Wilson will start at RB (no Raheem Mostert).
- Derek Carr (groin) is shockingly off the injury report despite what looked like a multi-week injury last week. Marcus Mariota heads back to the garage. Henry Ruggs has come off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- DeVante Parker (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Saturday night's game against the Raiders. It sounds like he’ll go, but hamstrings can tighten up at any time so keep an eye on pregame reports. Mike Gesicki (shoulder) is listed as questionable and we’re still waiting for more information. Lastly for the Dolphins, Myles Gaskin is back off the COVID list and will presumably return to his normal workload, although it’s likely Savon Ahmed retains some work.
We’ll focus on the Sunday slate tomorrow, but here is the big stuff:
OUT: Julio Jones, Cam Akers, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Phillip Lindsay, Hunter Henry, Tyler Boyd, Duke Johnson, and Golden Tate. Terry McLaurin and Christian McCaffrey are technically doubtful, but unlikely to play.
QUESTIONABLE: Keenan Allen, Ezekiel Elliott, Antonio Gibson, James Robinons, Allen Robinson, Cordarelle Patterson, and Royce Freeman
See ya tomorrow.