In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter, we recap MNF, preview Tuesday Night Football, share the top waiver adds of the week, and enjoy Linda’s kicker tiers. It's 12/21. Take it away, Peter Overzet…***
You know that old TV trope where parents catch their kids smoking a cigarette and force them to smoke an entire pack as punishment? That’s a little what this extended Week 15 slate has felt like.
The Raiders-Browns limped their way to a 16-14 game in the first part of our Monday night doubleheader and the Vikings-Bears capped off the meh with a 17-9 slogfest. Still, as Matthew reminds us, bad football is better than no football, no matter how rough it has been.
Fortunately for those still hanging on in the playoffs, studs like Nick Chubb (23-91-1) and Justin Jefferson (4-47-1) managed to put up some production for their managers.
Tonight we get another doubleheader with both games kicking off at 7pm ET. The Eagles host the Washington Football team as 6.5 point home favorites in a game with a 42 point o/u. And the Rams host the Seahawks as 7 point favorites with a game total of 45.5.
Most of the Rams who were on the COVID list (Odell Beckham, Darrell Henderson, Jalen Ramsey) have been removed and will play tonight. There’s still uncertainty on whether Tyler Lockett will play tonight, though, so keep tabs on that.
🛒 THE TOP WAIVER WIRE ADDS
Rotoviz’s Sam Wallace lists his top waiver wire targets for Week 16 as well as the percentage that they are currently rostered in ESPN leagues. Take it away, Sam…
- Duke Johnson (RB - 0.7%) - Duke Johnson racked up 22 carries for 107 yards and a pair of scores. Both Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed were activated from the COVID-19 list for this game, but Johnson was the primary ball-carrier. It remains to be seen how this team will distribute touches moving forward, but it was encouraging to see Johnson so heavily involved.
- Justin Jackson (RB - 2.8%) - Justin Jackson continues to impress when given the opportunity. Austin Ekeler has been dealing with a nagging ankle injury which allowed Jackson the chance to rack up 86 yards on 13 carries this week. Jackson actually out-touched Ekeler in carries by a mark of 13-12.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown (WR - 24.0%) - Amon-Ra St. Brown has been on fire over his last three games. He’s hit at least 11 targets and 73 receiving yards in each contest and has a pair of scores in that time. The Lions have been desperate for playmakers to step up, and the fourth-round rookie is answering the call.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling (WR - 15.4%) - The talent has always been there, but it’s looking like Marquez Valdes-Scantling is starting to put it together consistently. The speedy veteran has topped 50 receiving yards in three of his last four games and continues to make plays for the Packers.
- Laquon Treadwell (WR - 0.7%) - Laquon Treadwell has been the one constant for the Jaguars lately. He’s had at least four catches and 50 receiving yards in four straight games. His targets (9) and receptions (6) this week were both season-highs, so the coaching change appears to have been a positive for him.
James Washington (WR - 0.9%) - If there is one player I would like to see get more consistent usage, it’s James Washington. The fourth-year wideout does have 11 targets and a score over his last two games and could see a bump in playing time if tight end Pat Freiermuth misses time with a concussion.
For more waiver wire ideas, check out Sam’s full article at Rotoviz. You can get access to all of the great content and tools at Rotoviz—along with a bundle of other great sites—for one low price with Rotopass. It’s the best way to win.
👟 LINDA'S KICKER TIERS
Linda aka Lindellions shares her kicker tiers for Week 16 to help you on the waiver wire. Take it away, Linda…
The hits just keep on coming for the 2021 fantasy playoff season as Harrison Butker was put on the reserve/COVID list on Monday. If you’re looking for a replacement, Greg Zuerlein should be on your radar. The Cowboys are averaging three FG attempts per game in the last three weeks and are facing a Washington Football Team who is allowing 2.3 FGAs to opposing teams over that same span. Jake Elliot and Evan McPherson are two other kickers I like for streaming options this week if you’re in a pinch.
Note: You’ll notice Linda added a column for Week 17 if you are planning ahead.
🐦 COOTERDOODLE'S FAVORITE TWEETS
We’ll be back tomorrow with early Week 16 ranks for QB and Flex.