In today’s Fantasy Life Newsletter, we get you ready for Week 17 with all the news you need to know. It's 1/2. Take it away, Peter Overzet…
We made it to championship Sunday. Below we have all of the inactive news, COVID updates, and weather reports to help you secure that title.
If you have any specific start/sit questions, be sure to check out our free Week 17 fantasy rankings by Waz, which were posted in yesterday’s newsletter.
Joe Burrow is fresh off a monstrous and record-breaking 525 yard passing game against the Ravens and all signs are pointing to a shootout when Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs come to town. His projection on Monkey Knife Fight sits at 275.5 passing yards and despite the massive breakout game last week, Burrow has gone for more than that number in only 3 of his last 6 games.
The Chiefs are riding an 8 game win streak, although they have not needed Mahomes to play like a superhero during this stretch. Mahomes’ projection sits at 288.5 passing yards, a number he has only reached in 1 of his last 5 outings.
Monkey Knife Fight pays out more on their contests than any other player prop fantasy site, paying 3.6x on their gameday 2/2 contests instead of the 3.0x everywhere else.
Take advantage of that 3.6x payout now for FREE and win real cash at no risk to you: Monkey Knife Fight is giving new a FREE $5 contest just for signing up - simply pick MORE or LESS on Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes’ passing yards, get both correct, and collect $18 cash!
While you’re at it, for a limited time they’re offering a 100% instant deposit match up to $100 using promo code BIGPAYOUTS.
*Free game for new users only. First deposit match in MKF Dollars. See site for details.
⛔ OUT OR NOT EXPECTED TO PLAY
* Lamar Jackson will not play today vs. the Rams so Tyler Huntley will get another start. The Huntley-Mark Andrews connection has been very strong.
* Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb) is not expected to play today vs. the Texans, but is expected to return in Week 18. Fire up Trey Lance today if you have him.
* Mark Ingram (knee) is a surprising scratch today. Alvin Kamara will be busy vs. the Panthers and Tony Jones Jr. will mix in some as well.
* Clyde-Edwards Helaire, Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Gibson, Julio Jones, Cam Akers, Tevin Coleman, David Johnson, Kirk Cousins, Darren Waller, Jerry Jeudy, Tim Patrick, Kalif Raymond, Josh Reynolds, Jared Cook, Darius Slayton, Tajae Sharpe, Hayden Hurst
🙏🏼PLAYING OR EXPECTED TO PLAY
* Both Bucs WRs Antonio Brown (ankle) and Mike Evans (hamstring) will play today. Brown hurt his ankle in practice on Friday, but was able to practice yesterday. Adam Schefter reported that Evans would be playing in a “limited capacity” however.
* Carson Wentz will start for the Colts today after clearing COVID protocols.
* James Conner (heel) is a true GTD vs. the Cowboys today, but there’s “optimism” that he will play. This is a later game, so make sure you have a backup plan if you wait on him.
* 49ers rookie RB Eli Mitchell is expected to return to action today as well vs. the Texans. We’ve seen the team load him up with touches after an injury before so I’d have no hesitation playing him in any format.
* Courtland Sutton, Melvin Gordon, Javonte Williams, Tyler Conklin, Jordan Howard
☂️ WEATHER REPORT
Kevin Roth is a meteorologist for Rotogrinders who specializes in weather impacts for fantasy sports. There are two games this week with weather worries…
MIA @ TEN: One of the ugliest games of the day, this game will be cold and wet. We’ll start the game with a cold rain and we’ll see it transition to a rain/snow mix by the end of the game. The precipitation will make it tough for passing offenses and both teams may end up relying on the run a bit more than normal.
DET @ SEA: Wet weather and gusty winds. Tough to pinpoint the rain as it will be spotty across the area, but there’s a good chance we see rain for at least some of the game. We’ll also have to contend with 15-20mph winds (and stronger gusts), which will impact the deep passing and kicking games.
MIN @ GB: I usually don’t worry much about the cold, but kickoff temps around 5° in GB have me re-evaluating that rule. Players have plenty of tools to stay warm, but that sub-freezing weather may cause a few extra drops / off-target throws, as well as take some distance off long FG’s.
For radar updates follow @KevinRothWx on Twitter.
🐦 Cooterdoodle’s Favorite Tweets